Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Infuriating  (Read 10617 times)

KingOfEastVan

Re: Infuriating
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2013, 05:59:12 PM »

heres a pic that just blew me the f away. quality of the pic is crap but you get the 'drift' 

I redneckognize that tactic! Looks like that guy was noodleing for salmon in the Vedder lol!
I am the King of East Van, and I approve of this message.

Drewhill

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2013, 06:33:43 PM »

I'm not saying what I might do. I'm saying what I have done. But, if you actually READ everything rather than picking out one section, you will have read that I always start calmly and politely and point out errors in people's methods. It is when they disagree and say there are no rules, then I just point out that if there are no rules then ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN.

So you start off saying you're calm and polite and then say you can hit a target with lead and a treble hook from a 100ft  ??? It's up to you to control the situation as well, bud. There are always rules if you want.

gmachine19

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2013, 10:53:52 PM »

heres a pic that just blew me the f away. quality of the pic is crap but you get the 'drift'  ;)

Hey man, those bouncing betties are expensive!
You should've been here yesterday!

brownmancheng

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2013, 10:28:44 AM »

What exactly is that guy doing up to his chest ?

t-bone

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2013, 02:30:00 PM »

dumb and dumber...

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2013, 09:23:34 PM »

I think their members of the Vedder mountain banjo band. Probably dropped their "fatty" (cheese wrapped in sausage meat wrapped in a bacon weave) in the river. FUBAR baby. The guy wearing "deliverance pants" says it all.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2013, 12:55:44 PM »

I'm not saying what I might do. I'm saying what I have done. But, if you actually READ everything rather than picking out one section, you will have read that I always start calmly and politely and point out errors in people's methods. It is when they disagree and say there are no rules, then I just point out that if there are no rules then ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN.

You are a very scary man Ian Forbes. Is that why you need to go to Thailand to date women as well? lol

http://seattle99.wordpress.com/tag/ian-forbes/
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 12:57:59 PM by dennisK »

brownmancheng

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2013, 01:52:47 PM »

Very intimidating. Always funny to actually see who the internet tough guys are.

silver ghost

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2013, 01:43:14 AM »

What exactly is that guy doing up to his chest ?

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing?

TNAngler

« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2013, 07:41:47 AM »

My guess is trying to get the other guy's gear back.  Surprised the guys aren't much further out to fish as that would seem pretty typical for too many out there.

banx

« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2013, 08:09:27 AM »

ya he was helping the other guy get a snag out....  what looked like a nearly 2oz size bouncing betty about 10' of leader and a ball of wool the size of a twoonie.

and about 37 snagged fish later........

merrittboy1

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2013, 12:47:55 AM »

Interesting reading...so NED and others, explain to me what the "proper" technique should be for fishing the Cap, Vedder or any river.  I plan on giving it  a try and I do not want rocks or treble hooks being thrown at me for something some individuals perceive as being wrong.  Nor do I want a bunch of guys getting in my face.  So please share, I am very interested, and yes I know what the law states in regard to harvesting fish... Looking forward to the input. ???

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2013, 03:53:18 AM »

Interesting reading...so NED and others, explain to me what the "proper" technique should be for fishing the Cap, Vedder or any river.  I plan on giving it  a try and I do not want rocks or treble hooks being thrown at me for something some individuals perceive as being wrong.  Nor do I want a bunch of guys getting in my face.  So please share, I am very interested, and yes I know what the law states in regard to harvesting fish... Looking forward to the input. ???

For starters, do not walk into a run being fished by others and stand shoulder to shoulder with said other fishers and proceed to cast over and snag their lines. There is no law against it but you will likely get an earful of nasty words, if not a treble hook ear ring.
Not all those who wander are lost

brownmancheng

« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2013, 08:53:05 AM »

For starters, do not walk into a run being fished by others and stand shoulder to shoulder with said other fishers and proceed to cast over and snag their lines. There is no law against it but you will likely get an earful of nasty words, if not a treble hook ear ring.

Treble hooks are illegal in our rivers. So I hope the "good guys" don't snag any of these ppl with bad "etiquette"

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2013, 09:19:40 PM »

Treble hooks are illegal in our rivers. So I hope the "good guys" don't snag any of these ppl with bad "etiquette"

Apparently, if you are fishing around Ian, "anything can happen."
Not all those who wander are lost