Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: bottom bouncing whats the big deal?  (Read 84975 times)

scouterjames

• Old Timer
:-\ Tell me, and I might forget;
  :) Show me, and I might remember;
    ;D INVOLVE ME, and I'll learn.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
Re: bottom bouncing whats the big deal?
« Reply #211 on: August 23, 2013, 05:08:19 PM »

Sent to DFO?

I've been sending these to DFO and several politicians for the last couple weeks....

If they are really concerned about this I would think that they would already be looking at who is buying these fish.... I would think it would be real easy to catch a few of these poachers with a simple sting operation.... 

But what do I know???
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

LP89CG

« Reply #212 on: August 23, 2013, 05:20:28 PM »

Drove over the Agassiz bridge this AM and seen nets on the south east side of the bridge... also seen a few boats going up the river, but they looked like guide boats since sturgeon are still open.

Good to know DFO is patrolling this area.

Going back over Monday AM and if still there I will call. I was coming off a graveyard shift and probably shouldn't have even been driving I was so tired. :S

norton

« Reply #213 on: September 02, 2013, 08:12:05 PM »

You are flossing !  You know how far those fish have to go to spawn? Hundreds of  miles . And your playing those poor sockeye to exhaustion and then releasing them. If you're going to fish for springs , just barfish , and leave the sockeye alone . There's a small run this year.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #214 on: September 05, 2013, 08:58:28 PM »

You are flossing !  You know how far those fish have to go to spawn? Hundreds of  miles . And your playing those poor sockeye to exhaustion and then releasing them. If you're going to fish for springs , just barfish , and leave the sockeye alone . There's a small run this year.
So simple, if so many continue to floss when stocks of concern is in the river we will experience more closures in the future. ::)