Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Logan Lake Area  (Read 770 times)

Damien

• Old Timer
Logan Lake Area
« on: May 31, 2013, 12:03:26 PM »

Stayed at Tunkwa and hit another local area lake.  I didn't fish 'hard'.

We did all have good success on both lakes.  Weather was cold and wet and not enjoyable.  But the 6 of us had a blast regardless.

Our stay was great at Tunkwa Lake Resort, as it is every year.  I stayed in a cabin with one friend, the others piled into a fifth wheel in the camp area where they keep their 5th.

My cabin-mate and I spent about 4 hours total fishing in three days on Tunkwa itself and we caught a half dozen fish.  Not blazing it up by any means, but all the fish we caught were of good size.  We saw many others coming back to the fish station with some 2-4 lbers over the course of the three days.  Seems like the trollers were having more success than the fly tossers at Tunkwa.

The six of went to another lake close by on Wedesday and caught a mitt-full, we hit it for about 6 hours.  Any green fly was working.  Damsels, 52 Buicks etc.  Black with red rib chronies as well.  One of our group had a monster that swung him around repeatedly in his tube, he said it was the largest rainbow he has ever hooked.  He is in his 60's and has flyfished his whole life.  This was on a 52 Buick.  "Some Guys" chronie fishing had it DIALED and were getting fish every couple of minutes.  They must have tagged 100+ between them in the few hours we saw them out there.

A great three days, mid-week, which made for quiet fishing.  Too bad the weather was all over the place. The great food, a couple beers and awesome comradarie more than made up for anything the weather could throw at us.

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
Re: Logan Lake Area
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 02:14:14 PM »

great to here. love that area.