Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Illegal dumping at Rosedale Beach  (Read 5478 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Illegal dumping at Rosedale Beach
« on: April 09, 2013, 12:33:23 AM »

Photographs taken by one of the Fraser Valley Salmon Society members on April 8th 2013, just downstream from the Agassiz Bridge.

silver ghost

• Old Timer
Re: Illegal dumping at Rosedale Beach
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 12:55:58 AM »

Pigs. I hope these idiots get caught!

On another note, is the SSBC steelhead and wild coho non-retention sign still posted/free of shotgun holes on the big tree at Rosedale  ;D ?

TacoChris

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 07:39:12 PM »

I always love gong to a pristine remote lake and seeing garbage. Not surprised seeing it there. Not sure what is wrong with people. I regularly see cigarette butts everywhere, beer can and bottles in beautiful clear lakes, car battries, old tires the list is endless. Apparently so are the idiots that use the outdoors as there garbage can.

aquapaloosa

• Old Timer
  • They don't call'em fish for nothin.
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 09:23:40 PM »

What makes it worse is that was the best the best person in a group could do.  You think at least one person in a camping group would have the gumption to take their buddies trash home.  Pathetic people.  You would think that in this day and age with technology that there could be something done with cameras and wireless technology to get some heavy fines stayed to use as an example to show that it is not a good idea.  There must be something that can be done.
Chicken farm, pig farm, cow farm, fish farm.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 10:11:47 PM »

Back in the day....

Back in the day when you could go through the Evans farm to get to Morris Lake,(no cell phones, nobody shredded their mail) I went there to do a little fishing. I found a half dozen garbage bags, some broken open. I loved that little spot at the creek mouth and I was pretty pi$$ed. But the buffoons who dumped it forgot there was addressed old mail to a residence in Port Coquitlam. I loaded it all up in my van. It was nasty, but I had a plan. First was to toss the garbage back where it came from, with the bags torn. Mission accomplished. Next, after looking the phone number up in the book, I made a little phone call, from a phone booth. The "residents" weren't very happy.

But dang, I felt GREAT!

I wonder if there's any old mail in that crap heap..... >:(
http://

aquapaloosa

• Old Timer
  • They don't call'em fish for nothin.
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2013, 10:39:35 PM »

Thats funny.  We have a dumpster that is locked and has signs saying " DO NOT LEAVE GARBAGE OUTSIDE THE DUMPSTER.  DOING SO IS FEEDING THE WILDLIFE AND IS SUBJECT TO MULTIPLE FINEs".  People still leave garbage there all the time and they always leave mail or some kind of id in it.  I too go through it, which is easy because by the time I get to it the crows, raven, bears, and dogs have it spread all over the place.  Never thought of doing a  return tho.  Hmmmm.... you got me thinking nova.  That would feel nice.
Chicken farm, pig farm, cow farm, fish farm.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2013, 08:48:25 AM »

We are working with Fraser Riverkeeper and Fraser Valley Salmon Society to try and address this on Saturday, before the freshet washes it away. Nick has got a loader and working on getting a dump truck. I am trying to get tipping charges waived by the local government.

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2013, 09:21:08 AM »

Not sure about this case but there are junk removal companies that choose places like this to dump junk versus paying the dumping fee.  So be weary if you are going to seek revenge on someone for dumping "their" junk as they may have paid someone to dump it who didn't follow through.

In Richmond the standard dumping place seems to be the tree bar.

silver ghost

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2013, 11:26:53 AM »

;D

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2013, 11:42:57 AM »

Not sure about this case but there are junk removal companies that choose places like this to dump junk versus paying the dumping fee.  So be weary if you are going to seek revenge on someone for dumping "their" junk as they may have paid someone to dump it who didn't follow through.

In Richmond the standard dumping place seems to be the tree bar.

Simple solution - If it's your garbage and you get it back, then you report the removal company to the proper authorities.
http://

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2013, 03:41:30 PM »

The Cheam Band is planning to deal with this tomorrow. :D :D

arimaBOATER

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2013, 10:32:16 PM »

Good to hear that it will be cleaned up.

As far as Richmond goes ( Cutthroat mentioned Tree Bar location. )
A few days ago behind the east side of the Blundell Shopping Centre there was a couch & 2 mattresses & other stuff dumped beside the roadway !!!!
Such nerve.  >:(
Went by there today & it has been cleaned up.

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2013, 08:08:47 PM »

What makes it worse is that was the best the best person in a group could do.  You think at least one person in a camping group would have the gumption to take their buddies trash home.  Pathetic people.  You would think that in this day and age with technology that there could be something done with cameras and wireless technology to get some heavy fines stayed to use as an example to show that it is not a good idea.  There must be something that can be done.

???  You must be referring to TC's story as that pile of crap includes sofas, TVs, and a Hottub.  Pretty sure it was not a camping group. :o
Not all those who wander are lost

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2013, 09:27:59 AM »

A copy of the note I sent today re this.

Good morning all,

I wish to send out our collective thanks to the excellent job the Cheam Band did on Friday cleaning up the large amount of garbage that some individuals had recently dumped on the beach just downstream of the Agassiz Rosedale Bridge.

Their work has now prevented hundred of pounds of pollutants being washed into our precious Fraser River during the coming freshet. Sidney and June, please pass on our heartfelt thanks to Glen and others that made this area look as it should. I received a report this morning the area is now free of all the material that was there before their cleanup.

Also thanks to others that are having cleanups on the Fraser River and Chilliwack Vedder River this coming Saturday as we celebrate Earth Day. By the collective efforts of all these groups, we can and will make a difference.

Kindest regards and many thanks again,

Chris Gadsden
Fraser Valley Salmon Society Director
Chilliwack Vedder River Cleanup Society Chair

hungry6

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2013, 02:59:20 AM »

That is a disgrace, certain change my view of Canada as a pristine and clean.
The local authority should really step up and install surveilance. And hand out serious fines to the offenders.