Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Salmon Confidential  (Read 40630 times)

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
Re: Salmon Confidential
« Reply #90 on: April 26, 2013, 02:54:09 PM »

A very well done film I must say and hats off to Morton's passion. How ever, no more donations will come from me.
 http://blog.farmfreshsalmon.org/?p=269

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #91 on: April 26, 2013, 03:03:10 PM »

A very well done film I must say and hats off to Morton's passion. How ever, no more donations will come from me.
 http://blog.farmfreshsalmon.org/?p=269
Thanks for your donations in the past, maybe one day you will change your mind again. ;D

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #92 on: April 26, 2013, 04:09:38 PM »

Thanks for your donations in the past, maybe one day you will change your mind again. ;D
Wow!  They are still editing out the things they don't want you to hear ...like Miller's complete testimony, amazing.   Morton is still spewing garbage and cannot even identify Pacific salmon; check out the revelation at 1:03 when she calls a sockeye a coho.  Amazing.
What did P.T Barnum supposedly say ... lol!

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #93 on: April 26, 2013, 04:42:40 PM »

Wow!  They are still editing out the things they don't want you to hear ...like Miller's complete testimony, amazing.   Morton is still spewing garbage and cannot even identify Pacific salmon; check out the revelation at 1:03 when she calls a sockeye a coho.  Amazing.
What did P.T Barnum supposedly say ... lol!

You must be enjoying the film Dave.... sounds like you've viewed it a few times.  ;D
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #94 on: April 26, 2013, 05:12:00 PM »

Yes, I have and you know what I think of it.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #95 on: April 28, 2013, 09:14:32 PM »

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #97 on: April 29, 2013, 07:25:12 AM »

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #98 on: April 29, 2013, 07:39:23 AM »

While I was reading that link Dave, the screen went blank then came back with some edited changes. Sad.... :'(
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #99 on: April 29, 2013, 07:47:52 AM »

here is what the movie doesn't say about this .... sad

http://salmonconfidential.com/2013/04/17/the-character-assassination-of-simon-jones/

There's always 2 sides to a story Dave. When looking at which side to believe I always try and examine the motivation. The feedlot industry and the government are fighting to protect an industry that clearly shouldn't exist due to the damage they are causing, versus a few individuals who care about the environment, using private donations to educate the public.

A personal distaste I have is the sleezy approach the salmonconfidential.com people took to stealing the salmonconfidential .ca website name and registering it under .com, then using it to slag the movie and people that made it. They obviously took advantage of the naivety of the salmonconfidential people, who clearly should have registered the .com name as well. But this is an indication of the characteristics of the "anonymous", read "feedlot" people who are spreading their own special form of manure on their website.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #100 on: April 29, 2013, 01:14:42 PM »

There's always 2 sides to a story Dave. When looking at which side to believe I always try and examine the motivation. The feedlot industry and the government are fighting to protect an industry that clearly shouldn't exist due to the damage they are causing, versus a few individuals who care about the environment, using private donations to educate the public.

A personal distaste I have is the sleezy approach the salmonconfidential.com people took to stealing the salmonconfidential .ca website name and registering it under .com, then using it to slag the movie and people that made it. They obviously took advantage of the naivety of the salmonconfidential people, who clearly should have registered the .com name as well. But this is an indication of the characteristics of the "anonymous", read "feedlot" people who are spreading their own special form of manure on their website.

Yeah, lets talk about sleaziness and the ethics of Morton and Roscovich ... what would you call editing Dr's Jones, Miller and Marty's testimony and interviews to spin their version of declining salmon in BC?  Or for Roscovich pretending to be a television reporter to obtain an interview with Gary Marty? One word that comes to my mind is shameless.
 Why is there no mention of overfishing from sporties, commercial and aboriginal fishers (oh right, they are the main supporters of this group) or habitat loss or climate change in this entire film? How can anyone truly believe salmon farms are the cause of wild salmon declines when in over 30 years here in BC, there has not been one single incident to support that claim?
You are constantly calling for transparency regarding salmon farms and yet you, Chris and others seem OK with and indeed support these people and this shoddy and unethical journalism.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #101 on: April 29, 2013, 06:09:07 PM »

You are constantly calling for transparency regarding salmon farms and yet you, Chris and others seem OK with and indeed support these people and this shoddy and unethical journalism.

I recognize how strongly entrenched you are in your support of the feedlot industry. It's hard for me to believe that the creators of the film are so devious in their thinking that they were able to spin actual recorded interviews in order to show that the people said the opposite of what they meant. These are the same folks that failed to register the .com name leaving themselves open to the current feedlot industry attacks.

What is more believable is that the feedlot industry is using the resources they have at their disposal (which is many times what Morton et all have at their disposal) and is spinning everything in an attempt to discredit a great effort at bringing to light how the government and industry are slowly destroying our wild salmon runs. (Yes there are other problems that need to be addressed but the feedlots must be brought under control first)

I recognize the feedlot spin whenever any of you feedlot boys post on a topic. I don't have any expectation of swaying your views.

Like you, I'll state my views and if anyone reads them, they will make up their own minds.

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #102 on: April 29, 2013, 09:17:29 PM »

I recognize how strongly entrenched you are in your support of the feedlot industry. It's hard for me to believe that the creators of the film are so devious in their thinking that they were able to spin actual recorded interviews in order to show that the people said the opposite of what they meant. These are the same folks that failed to register the .com name leaving themselves open to the current feedlot industry attacks.

What is more believable is that the feedlot industry is using the resources they have at their disposal (which is many times what Morton et all have at their disposal) and is spinning everything in an attempt to discredit a great effort at bringing to light how the government and industry are slowly destroying our wild salmon runs. (Yes there are other problems that need to be addressed but the feedlots must be brought under control first)

I recognize the feedlot spin whenever any of you feedlot boys post on a topic. I don't have any expectation of swaying your views.

Like you, I'll state my views and if anyone reads them, they will make up their own minds.

Ahhh and the Joeseph Goebells school of journalism wins another one....lmao. ;D
Take the T out of Morton.

dnibbles

« Reply #103 on: April 29, 2013, 11:45:15 PM »

Ahhh and the Joeseph Goebells school of journalism wins another one....lmao. ;D

#GodwinsLaw!

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #104 on: April 30, 2013, 12:22:21 AM »

#GodwinsLaw!