Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Merrit lakes????  (Read 6190 times)

moonshine

• Let ME Out........
Merrit lakes????
« on: May 26, 2004, 05:27:15 PM »

Hey,

Just wondering if any could help me out here. My friend and I are going up to Merrit this weekend, and was wondering if there are any good lakes to fish. lake names and any suggestions on what to use would be greatly appricated.. ( My friend and I have never been to Merrit )

Thanks,
Moonshine

ocean_going

• fish on
Re:Merrit lakes????
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2004, 06:14:33 PM »

depends if you have a boat or your style of  fishing....
nicola  lake can be good at times but the  fish aren't that big.< I trolled there.  stump lake  can be tough,  flyfishing I think is the best approach there. lumbaum is pretty good only boats under a certain hp. are allowed but  I have caught them from shore there too with just a worm ,alot of ppl. get em there flyfishing. go to the tackle  store there they may help you. It's called the
Powderkeg, on the main drag there. good luck, I hope it's not too windy there for your trip.... it can be at times but not always.

moonshine

• Let ME Out........
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2004, 06:18:27 PM »

I have a FishCat 4, we will be up there for the day

ocean_going

• fish on
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2004, 06:50:33 PM »

oops, I meant marquart not lumbaum lake for bait fishing from shore,....  never tried lumbaum, it is flyfishing only.

markyboy

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2004, 11:24:49 AM »

I like Boss/Davis/Tahla and we fished Boss twice last weekend (Friday and Sunday for half a day on the way to/from Osoyoos) and landed a couple of fish each time. Tahla was still very green and will probably take another week or so before it's fishable.

We were fishing worms but there was a few guys seemeing to have some success with black/olive chironimids
« Last Edit: May 27, 2004, 11:27:23 AM by markyboy »