Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Letter To Director General Of OIE  (Read 20438 times)

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
Re: Letter To Director General Of OIE
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2012, 09:06:10 PM »

Curious don't be surprised to find out some of the posters on this site are on the payroll as well

I would not quote a lot of the crap I post. ;D but if I was payed to play ,probably not be posting here
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

absolon

• Old Timer
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2012, 10:50:37 AM »

I wonder where Ms. Morton disappeared to?

It's clear from changes she made to her latest website the she read Steve's post though the changes don't answer any of the points he raised. I wonder why she wouldn't respond directly to him?

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2012, 02:50:12 PM »

It's clear from changes she made to her latest website the she read Steve's post though the changes don't answer any of the points he raised. I wonder why she wouldn't respond directly to him?

Perhaps it's because she has a life outside of posting here?
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2012, 04:44:48 PM »

Welcome back!  Yeah, she seemed happy to come aboard but suddenly lost interest when answers became difficult ;D  I was particularly surprised that she asked for steelhead samples but to date has not described the protocols necessary to get them in her hands ...
as af says, she must be busy ;)

absolon

• Old Timer
« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2012, 05:21:56 PM »

Thanks Dave, I haven't really gone away; just haven't found the discussion too stimulating. Too much peeing on peoples legs and too little focus on the meat of the subject.

In response to Steve's question about those protocols, Morton has just announced on her newest site that people should email her for the details. I can only assume from that and her lack of response to Steve's question here that they must be top secret. One would have thought she'd be happy to share her methods in order to help validate her work. After all, that is standard practice in the scientific method.

brownmancheng

« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2012, 08:39:35 PM »

Welcome back!  Yeah, she seemed happy to come aboard but suddenly lost interest when answers became difficult ;D  I was particularly surprised that she asked for steelhead samples but to date has not described the protocols necessary to get them in her hands ...
as af says, she must be busy ;)

I too found it strange for her to post and make an appearance but not engage, as I was quite interested to hear her responses to SS questions.
I hardly think it was the challenging questions deterring her from answering. Do you not think in her long history of challenging these multi national corporations and court battles she has had to answer her fair share of tough questions?

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #53 on: December 15, 2012, 08:59:33 PM »

Thanks Dave, I haven't really gone away; just haven't found the discussion too stimulating. Too much peeing on peoples legs and too little focus on the meat of the subject.

In response to Steve's question about those protocols, Morton has just announced on her newest site that people should email her for the details. I can only assume from that and her lack of response to Steve's question here that they must be top secret. One would have thought she'd be happy to share her methods in order to help validate her work. After all, that is standard practice in the scientific method.

I think it's amusing that you believe she needs this forum's posters to "validate her work". 

This isn't an exercise of having the industry and government validate Morton's work. This is about getting as much info to the public as possible so that we can get government to do the right thing with respect to preserving wild salmon.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #54 on: December 15, 2012, 10:05:52 PM »

C'mon af, she posted, we questioned, she didn't respond.
G'night.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 08:06:03 AM by Dave »

EZ_Rolling

« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2012, 09:12:36 AM »

She has plenty more fights under her belt than the likes of the pro farmers here ...go out put yourselves in the mass public eye and see how much you like it.

StillAqua

« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2012, 05:42:30 PM »

The best part about banging your head against a brick wall is when you stop......

absolon

• Old Timer
« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2012, 08:32:13 AM »

I understand what you're getting at, but I don't see it as banging my head against the wall.

It's pretty obvious that you will never change the mind of someone whose beliefs are entirely faith based and who believes that it's unfair to pick apart the things he posts just as you won't make headway against someone who makes up facts to suit his purposes and serves them up mixed with faulty assumptions and personal snipes. You are banging your head against the wall if you're trying to change their minds unless you really enjoy the juvenile schoolyard bickering.

There are, however, a number of other people who read this stuff for whom more complete and balanced information is important, and who understand that picking something apart is important to verifying it's truth. It is well worth the effort to post real information and critical evaluations for that reason. The problem with these recent threads is that there is no substance to them to be critically looked at. They seem to me more about bickering and name calling than anything else and while some may find that entertaining, I don't so I don't participate.