Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: crabbing at cates park  (Read 16092 times)

dogfish2

• `
crabbing at cates park
« on: May 23, 2004, 09:41:09 AM »

im wondering where approx one would set thier crab traps in this area also i have heard that trap thievery is rampant around there? thanks

~IvAn~

• Old Timer
Re:crabbing at cates park
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2004, 09:46:00 AM »

u set your trapp rite beside the boat ramp there is a floating dock there.....

lucky

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2004, 10:27:47 AM »

the dock is closed for crabbing from april 15 due to all the boat traffic, i usaully put my boat in and head towards the indian reserve, although the crabs are everywhere around there, im heading out there now, to drop the traps, and catch a few sole, beauty day to be on the water. i never leave my traps for very long, in about 30 min i usaully limit out

dogfish2

• `
cates park
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2004, 11:35:50 AM »

thanks for the info, dogfish2

lucky

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2004, 01:07:48 PM »

didnt make out well with my crabbing trip today, got everything loaded in the truck and took off, put the boat in the water loaded up all the gear, got about 100 yards off shore and the little motor died, i though i had the problem fixed, turns out i didnt, so we rowed back to shore and packed everything back up,and of course not many places open for repairs on a longweekend, guess im gonna have to find a nice place to fish from shore this aft

otto

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2004, 05:53:36 PM »

>:( >:( yea ya gotta watch your traps like a hawk........around vancouver and also Porteau Cove crab traps seem to grow legs and walk away..... i bust my hump all week to buy a few traps/bouys, and then give fuel money to my bud to boat me out there, and the traps go vamoose somewhere....i think others from this forum have been hit too.......and all i wanted was a nice crab dinner, with butter, lime and beer!! GGRRRRRRR

lucky

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2004, 10:21:34 AM »

i have also lost traps at cates , not by theives but currents, one day i lost two, but i stayed and fished and about 5 hours later they popped back up, now i give them at least 15ft extra rope