Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "None of these fish are biting...Tamahi Rapids on Vedder"  (Read 10408 times)

Rantalot

• Old Timer
  • If you cast they will come
Re: "None of these fish are biting...Tamahi Rapids on Vedder"
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2012, 05:36:40 PM »

How does the number of people fishing an area define them as flossers? I've fished that area plenty of times and can do quite well with roe or egg sacks in the calmer/softer spots.
Um the train trestle, wilson bridge and anywhere the river narrows with fast water :)

Johnny Canuck

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2012, 06:15:25 PM »

Um the train trestle, wilson bridge and anywhere the river narrows with fast water :)

So I'm a flosser because I fish those spots? There is soft water at each of those spots and traveling lanes to fish as well. The most productive flossing spots would be (although I bite my tongue and ponder if I should actually say on a forum) spots like cement slab, ranger pool, borden, prison, cedars, alison pool area, goat farm, trailer park area, tamahi, boulder, bell acres, thompson park, ways field, mail boxes, OTW area, wilson rd, gun barrel, doctors pool, native dyke area, crossing area, peach, lickman area browne rd, power line area, canal, KWB and hwy bridge...

...Oh wait that's the whole river! I guess we are all flossers... It's not the area beig fished that defines the angler, it's his actions and intent!!!
Common sense is so rare it should be considered a superpower.

Rantalot

• Old Timer
  • If you cast they will come
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2012, 07:25:18 PM »

Its pretty hard to float fish in those areas because a snagger running down the river with his tail hooked chum or spring yelling FISH ON !! So tell me how you fish in those conditions and not give up fishing? Its to the point for me that fishing anywhere has lost its appeal  ???

Johnny Canuck

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2012, 07:31:58 PM »

Fish above or below the "tards" if below what's waiting one cast for them to go past with their arse hooked fish. The snaggers, rippers and flossers also make the fish decide where to sit in the water column and what route to take while traveling.
Common sense is so rare it should be considered a superpower.

mvelasco

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2012, 09:00:27 PM »

I see a bunch of flossers at the cement slab. One of my favourite spots cause it produces well and it's where I ffirst learned to read the river (only been fishing adamantly for 2 years). Definitely not fun watching flossers, they make it look they are shooting fish in a barrel (in more of a grotesque manner)