Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Should People Drive Through A Water Course Like This?  (Read 2625 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Should People Drive Through A Water Course Like This?
« on: September 16, 2012, 08:47:11 PM »

On the Fraser River a few days ago, maybe watching too many TV commercials of vehicles ripping along stream beds.
Bassonator will like this one. :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOyIhM_seoA&feature=share&list=UU_4LtEFjHj-ulBHuoq6COmQ
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 09:17:48 PM by chris gadsden »

Bassonator

• Old Timer
Re: Should People Drive Through A Water Course Like This?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 09:54:50 PM »

Chris, next time could you get a bit closer, its to far for me to really try and make an avatar from... ;D
Take the T out of Morton.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 10:00:32 PM »

Chris, next time could you get a bit closer, its to far for me to really try and make an avatar from... ;D
I was filming the situation and not the lady. ;D ;D :-

skaha

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 10:42:02 AM »

--its a tuff call.....seems like a popular place to roar around on... if the slack water is isolated and river is already silted at that point.
--we need areas that are designated for this type of use.. I suggest old gravel pits as the damage has already been done.. it keeps people in a confined area... most want to show off to others anyway.
--if we close every area of common use we push people into areas where more potential damage can occur.
--I would like to see some carefully chosen areas designated rather than just posting areas for none use... in fact I would like to see any sign that closes an area to use include directions to closest designated use area... rather than force people to try and find their own.

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 11:05:00 AM »

Whether dry or wet, sometimes driving through a watercourse, especially low-water periods, is part of the "way in" or the road.

In this case I have no idea as I am not familiar with the area.

Saw a lot worse along the Coldwater River this summer.

I think a lot of people are completely ignorant to the negative consequences of what they enjoy doing.

dennyman

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 12:50:21 PM »

For dirt bikes there is the new dirt bike park that is up and running out by Popkum. However, this looks to be out at Peg Leg, and a lot of the folks would rather run about for free polluting the environment, making a mess of the area, along with the noise pollution that comes with hearing ATVs, dirt bikes and trucks running around all day long. One of these days the band and home owners in that area are going to put a big locked gate across the access road and another spot will be lost for river access.
Also, if you see individuals running up and down a river that could destroy or degrade the river environment, such as the Coldwater River, I would call it into RAPP. That system is fragile enough and does not need dimwits running up and down the river bed.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 12:55:22 PM by dennyman »

Zanna

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2012, 09:40:45 PM »

On the Fraser River a few days ago, maybe watching too many TV commercials of vehicles ripping along stream beds.
Bassonator will like this one. :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOyIhM_seoA&feature=share&list=UU_4LtEFjHj-ulBHuoq6COmQ

Lol blonde on a jeep, what do you expect  ;)