Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dumb People on the River  (Read 14172 times)

ynot

• Old Timer
Re: Dumb People on the River
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2012, 05:53:29 PM »

north vancouver rcmp  604-985-1311

Sandy

• Old Timer
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2012, 08:50:01 PM »

my thought on reporting all infractions is; by doing so we are contributing to the management of the stock, we are able to put the officios on notice that we too are involved.
Perhaps by making reports someone will take notice and realise that management /policing is desperately under manned and budget priorities need to be addressed.
finding your limits is fun, it can also be VERY painful.

If you care about Canada's future, get involved by holding your MLA's & MP's accountable!! don't just be sheep!!

blacktail2

« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2012, 11:25:12 AM »

Rapp is a joke !! Had a very large blackbear in my front yard acting very agressive and bluff charged me as i unknowingly walked past it while it was under a weeping willow tree in my front yard. I backed away very slowly went in a called the RCMP was told it was a Co issue an to call Rapp. I called rapp and after a week got tired f waiting so i called to complain saying i had seen the bear several times. The dispatcher that took the second call said dont get mad at me the first call a week ago was not dispatched. I told them i wanted a call asap as it was in my yard again acting agressive when i vacated my car and i would shoot it. I got a call with in half an hour saying that if i shot it i could be charged  because it was not a threat unless it was bereaking my door down and they then said they would be out with a trap the next day well its well over a month and i havent heard from the Co's either. So go figure , what does one do?

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2012, 12:01:11 PM »

Call them to tell them you just shot the bear and come pick up the carcass. Guarantee they'll be there within an hour ;)

lucas

« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2012, 10:05:41 PM »

I have seen this  in the canyon.The first time this older asian fellow was casting with this tiny little spinning rod and had five little steelhead smolts stuffed in a bag.I said to him you cant keep these, there steelhead smolts and he played dumb and left, he new what they were,anyways i havent seen him since!,too bad the smolts were dead,made me sad.
<

hookR

« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2012, 01:21:32 AM »

I didnt have my rod with me and was in the area so decided to visit cable pool to have a look. I haven't been back since the rock weir was built down by the mall.
It was such a nice day so i sat back to enjoy the sun and watch people fish.

There were 2 guys down on the lower rock fishing with little trout rods. One guy hooked into a good sized coho but broke off in 2 seconds. Than I looked over to my left and this one guy with a mustache had a jar with dirt in it .

I walked over to have a better look at the jar and I was going to tell him that there is a baitban in effect but wanted to make sure he was using bait first. While I waited for him to reel up he pull back on his rod to set the hook.  Again and again. When he reeled up I saw nothing on his hook. Im sure he seen it too but he just cast right back in and jerked his rod back. He was trying to foul hook the fish.

I told him that what he was doing was illegal and that there is a baitban in effect and he just looked at me for a second and went right back to doing what he was doing. Totally ignoring me. So I took out my camera and snapped some pics and also recorded a video. I didnt bother calling DFO cuz the last time I called about snaggers in dog leg they took my info over the phone and never got back to me and no one showed up.

Should I post the video on youtube?

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2012, 07:01:35 AM »

You should always report incidents like this to fisheries. Sometimes they can't respond because they don't have the manpower, but it is important that they have a record of the incident.

As far as the Youtube, I would have no hesitation posting it (and calling fisheries with the link). If they were not embarrassed when you saw them why would it bother them if it's all over the internet?  ::)
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

StillAqua

« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2012, 12:08:57 PM »

You should always report incidents like this to fisheries. Sometimes they can't respond because they don't have the manpower, but it is important that they have a record of the incident.

As far as the Youtube, I would have no hesitation posting it (and calling fisheries with the link). If they were not embarrassed when you saw them why would it bother them if it's all over the internet?  ::)

X2

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2012, 12:21:54 PM »

Rapp is a joke !! Had a very large blackbear in my front yard acting very agressive and bluff charged me as i unknowingly walked past it while it was under a weeping willow tree in my front yard. I backed away very slowly went in a called the RCMP was told it was a Co issue an to call Rapp. I called rapp and after a week got tired f waiting so i called to complain saying i had seen the bear several times. The dispatcher that took the second call said dont get mad at me the first call a week ago was not dispatched. I told them i wanted a call asap as it was in my yard again acting agressive when i vacated my car and i would shoot it. I got a call with in half an hour saying that if i shot it i could be charged  because it was not a threat unless it was bereaking my door down and they then said they would be out with a trap the next day well its well over a month and i havent heard from the Co's either. So go figure , what does one do?

Roman candles work well. Try lathering a spray can of something that tastes awful with bacon fat. We used to use Raid when I worked in a logging camp.
http://

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2012, 12:53:04 PM »

How about a picture of the offender posted in the location of the offense with a description of the offense?

That may be creepy enough for him if he comes back and sees it.

No idea if it is legal or illegal.

Sandy

• Old Timer
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2012, 07:52:03 PM »

Roman candles work well. Try lathering a spray can of something that tastes awful with bacon fat. We used to use Raid when I worked in a logging camp.

cored apples filled with hot chilli powder.
finding your limits is fun, it can also be VERY painful.

If you care about Canada's future, get involved by holding your MLA's & MP's accountable!! don't just be sheep!!

Nitroholic

« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2012, 09:08:51 PM »

I didnt have my rod with me and was in the area so decided to visit cable pool to have a look. I haven't been back since the rock weir was built down by the mall.
It was such a nice day so i sat back to enjoy the sun and watch people fish.

There were 2 guys down on the lower rock fishing with little trout rods. One guy hooked into a good sized coho but broke off in 2 seconds. Than I looked over to my left and this one guy with a mustache had a jar with dirt in it .

I walked over to have a better look at the jar and I was going to tell him that there is a baitban in effect but wanted to make sure he was using bait first. While I waited for him to reel up he pull back on his rod to set the hook.  Again and again. When he reeled up I saw nothing on his hook. Im sure he seen it too but he just cast right back in and jerked his rod back. He was trying to foul hook the fish.

I told him that what he was doing was illegal and that there is a baitban in effect and he just looked at me for a second and went right back to doing what he was doing. Totally ignoring me. So I took out my camera and snapped some pics and also recorded a video. I didnt bother calling DFO cuz the last time I called about snaggers in dog leg they took my info over the phone and never got back to me and no one showed up.

Should I post the video on youtube?

Call RAPP, I called in someone and they busted him 5 minutes later... Luckily they were in the area but it always helps to call it in.

hookR

« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2012, 06:11:06 AM »

Will do next time.