Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: BC Commercial Fishermen Sue Ottawa over Halibut Allocation  (Read 1415 times)

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
BC Commercial Fishermen Sue Ottawa over Halibut Allocation
« on: August 14, 2012, 11:07:14 AM »

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/british-columbia/bc-fishermen-sue-ottawa-over-lowered-halibut-haul/article4472613/

I am actually somewhat pleased to see this development. Heard rumors of discussions amongst some of the larger Fish Brokers (quota holders) in this regard earlier this year, but had also heard that Jimmy's Top Dawg Legal Beagle had convinced them to stay away from any such action. The reasons I was cited for doing so were based on a rather large potential for loss in court (precedence setting) and public perception (greed). Looks like this particular fellow is ignoring those warnings...

Bit of a roll of the dice alright. But I fervently hope Jimmy's Law Dawg has it right! A Crash & Burn in Court is one of the very few occurrences that might get the question of allocation back on the discussion table while still under Harpo Et Al's current administration thereof.

Crossed Fingers here Folks! Let's hope The Dino employes the better Legal Team and carries the day!!  ;)

Cheers,
Nog

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
Re: BC Commercial Fishermen Sue Ottawa over Halibut Allocation
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 10:23:59 PM »

let's hope the right thing happens :)
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

dnibbles

Re: BC Commercial Fishermen Sue Ottawa over Halibut Allocation
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 11:35:06 PM »