Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: For those in the know. Will socks open?  (Read 31292 times)

EZ_Rolling

Re: For those in the know. Will socks open?
« Reply #105 on: August 22, 2012, 09:35:00 PM »

They don,t respond when an actual law is broken why would they respond to a strong suggestion

DFO has some hard decisions to make and making suggestions will likely have little if any impact except for a small numer of " anglers"

I am just saying ......

RA40

• STS Guiding Service
    • STS Guiding Service
« Reply #106 on: August 23, 2012, 05:42:41 AM »

they will close the entire river not just bottom bouncing, careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

Bently

• Old Timer
  • fish eyes love my ties
« Reply #107 on: August 23, 2012, 08:42:20 AM »

they will close the entire river not just bottom bouncing, careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

I here ya, but maybe that's what's needed to get the point across. :-\

On a side note,

It would be a hard hit on the guide outfits, and would upset a lot of "fishermen",  but then again I've seen some outfits {not saying yours} and their clients flossing all day and even though it's a legal method of fishing I think that being a guide/outfit that ethics and more "sporty" ways of angling should rule over the success rate, but that's a whole other can of worms there. ;)

Sometimes to keep the business afloat, fish in the boat overrules everything else.

Just my 0.02

liketofish

• Old Timer
« Reply #108 on: August 23, 2012, 07:05:02 PM »

Like I said earlier Ive quit, but the thing is can you..obviously not cause your a meat fisher. Better yet have a bowl of sharkfin soup.

I believe you.  ;)  It will be better to have some proof though.  ;D I am not a meat fisher. I have fished steelhead for 20 years with many many empty trips in winter, in snow and rain. Have you? Nah, the back fence is easier place to get some protein.   ;D  Sharkfin soup is still legal here. Until it is illegal, it is game. I won't eat something from illegal source like somebody does.  ;)

zabber

• Sometimes I fish, sometimes I catch
« Reply #109 on: August 23, 2012, 07:56:31 PM »

Sharkfin soup is still legal here. Until it is illegal, it is game.

But is it ethical? In Alaska it's legal to snag sockeye with barbed treble hooks, whereas in some countries it's legal to have sex with "underaged" girls.

Just because something's legal doesn't make it right (and, of course, the reverse argument can be made)...

Just sayin'
A rig out of water catches no fish.

Bently

• Old Timer
  • fish eyes love my ties
« Reply #110 on: August 24, 2012, 08:38:59 AM »

I am not a meat fisher.

I'd say you are, you've been {working hard} flossing fish with your 10 ft plus leaders all summer.  ;)

There's absolutely no sport in that. ::)