Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2011/12 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 213671 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Water still lovely and was able to land my second fish in as many days, around a 7 pound wild doe. Maybe my losing streak is well behind me now. ;D

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

That's because you've passed the losing streak to me. :P I'm staring at the whole valley from my office right now, wishing that I am out there again. >:(

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

That's because you've passed the losing streak to me. :P I'm staring at the whole valley from my office right now, wishing that I am out there again. >:(
I would leave the office now and break that losing streak. ;D ;D ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Conditions were excellent this AM but was showing some color when I left but still fishable at that time.

Did not find anything except two floats one being a Drennan, having a banner year finding them. ;D ;D Thanks to the many anglers that use them and some that lose them. ;D :D

Dennis.t

• Old Timer

Conditions were excellent this AM but was showing some color when I left but still fishable at that time.

Did not find anything except two floats one being a Drennan, having a banner year finding them. ;D ;D Thanks to the many anglers that use them and some that lose them. ;D :D
As i sit here in a work camp up in Fort Mac and read your reports night after night! I smile and stay connected to my home in the wack.I thank you sir for this! :D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

I see the river has risen a few inches today and I was getting reports it has colored up, going for a look now and will file a report in an hour or so for those wondering what to do tomorrow.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Visibility at 8 PM was a milky one foot at the Lickman Road area.

bigblue

• Old Timer

Is the river blown today?

mzmann

From Freds FB page for today................. The river is still more than fishable with about 1 ½ feet visibility. Go back to slightly larger and brighter bait and enjoy the extra elbow room.
Wishin I was fishin!! :)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Is the river blown today?
I just looked and I did not think it was that good, maybe others will differ.

bigblue

• Old Timer

I just looked and I did not think it was that good, maybe others will differ.

Thanks Chris. :)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Thanks Chris. :)

I will give an update later as it may clear as the day progresses.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Made a trek to the river this afternoon and it was the most miserable weather conditions one could ask for with very heavy rain. I missed something 3 times but think it was a trout as I saw 2 break water as they chased fry.

I saw one fellow heading out to the river while I tied up some roe bags in the Leaf Mobile, next time I looked up he was landing and retaining a steelhead. He must have only made 2 or 3 casts. :o

Visibility had improved from when I looked at it earlier in the day and was in the 1.5 to 2 feet range, anyones guess if it will stay the same, get better or change for the worse by tomorrow. :-\ I would guess it depends on how much rain we get overnight and how cool it is.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Conditions good this AM except for a cold east wind. Lost another with George landing one wild and losing another. Time for breakfast at Cookies now. ;D ;D

joshhowat

Hey Chris are your fish coming unhooked or you breaking them off. I Went on a 5 fish losing streak at one point this year, due to unhooking. I tried every hook in the book and same old. Then I started using heavier floral carbon leader and pulled alot harder on them.

Big change I have only lost 1 fish out of my last 6. Plus I can't believe how good the floral carbon wears vs maxima ug. For example i hooked a buck today in a real tuff landing spot. I pulled it close enough to see it was a clean hat so I wanted it. Any ways a bunch of bs screwing around with that fish dragging it back up the river like 4 time from my dumb spot. I land it only to find its hooked deep and my leader was rubbing on its teeth the whole fight. No way maxima ug would of lasted that.

What I'm trying to say is keep more pressure on them and it might  be usefull to you.

Josh
Eat, Sleep, Fish.