Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2011/12 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 213795 times)

Sterling C

• Old Timer

When I left the river at dark today it was snowing/raining very heavily. Water level should stay the same, what the vis is likw is anyones guess
Actions speak louder than words.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

When I left the river at dark today it was snowing/raining very heavily. Water level should stay the same, what the vis is likw is anyones guess
I would think it should be fine as fairly cool out, Wind still blowing.

greyghost

• Poach the poacher!

I am sure happy that I stuck it out on the flow for the day. Wind conditions did make it tough at times, The rain, sleet and snow was intense at times but so were the steelhead! Almost made the critical mistake of changing rivers when I saw the visibility of the water from the crossing bridge at first light. Oh man, am I happy I didn't! ;D 8)   
Have you talked too someone for a while and thought too yourself.......
"who ties your shoelaces for you"

James

I was out from 7am to 5pm ... I thought I was going to have the single hand spey clinic today , but it was cancelled , so I just stayed and fished not matter the conditons . water claritiy improve as day went on , and by afternoon it was looking fair . and by 5pm it was good. any way , most of the moisture that fell is still hanging in the trees .

I think I am swithchin to the silex next week , I am getting tired of seeing steelhead caught while I just chuck fly around lol .

DRP79

Any word on how the river looks today? I am really fighting with myself to make the drive out for a bit but would rather save the fuel if its not good.

Thanks

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Any word on how the river looks today? I am really fighting with myself to make the drive out for a bit but would rather save the fuel if its not good.

Thanks
Very nice, I was very fortunate too. ;D ;D Report under fishing reports later. ;D

milo

• Old Timer

You should have called me. I have been home all day essentially doing nothing.  ;D

DRP79

You should have called me. I have been home all day essentially doing nothing.  ;D

Sorry, i had pretty much written off this weekend with the weather we had been having and was fighting with myself yesterday. Cant wait to get my second.... And third, lol. Maybe next weekend?

milo

• Old Timer

Sorry, i had pretty much written off this weekend with the weather we had been having and was fighting with myself yesterday. Cant wait to get my second.... And third, lol. Maybe next weekend?

Won't work for me. Cuba is waiting.

Jewelz

• I've got the bug

I'm assuming that its beautiful out there right now?....
Peace. One. Jewelz.
"Who knew that fishing was this addicting..."

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

I'm assuming that its beautiful out there right now?....
Very cold and windy with frozen guides, was glad my day ended quickly. ;D

Jewelz

• I've got the bug

Boo! I'm already on my way... Only day off so I guess I'll just have to make the best of it!  ;)
Peace. One. Jewelz.
"Who knew that fishing was this addicting..."

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Conditions were good today with some fair catches reported. I was able to find a couple beaching a hatchery doe that was released and lost another.

Light pressure, maybe high gas prices are having an effect on those coming from a distance. It is even 134. 9 here in Chilliwack. ??? ::) Also at htis time of year a number of anglers become fished out. ;D ;D

James

i noticed less people as well ...

I also noticed Fred's is no longer posting up how many fish are weighed in each day ...

with the rain forecasted this week , it looks more like I won't be lowholed every run .

good fishing is still to come : ) !