Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2011/12 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 213797 times)

Sage2106

Well said Milo!!!

yoda

well put milo, using the hydrometer reading and weather forcast should give you a pretty good idea what's going on out there.
saved me from wasting gas and white nuckling it last week!
that being said, we are all getting itchy trigger fingers!!
Thank's to chris and all those that are kind enough to report first hand what's going on out there.

James

we need to start a fundraiser to help fund a web cam mounted to the underside of the crossing bridge !

there are plenty of "bird cams" and lake cams up in interior ... why not a vedder river cam ?

Kenwee

Thank you Milo for the information. Being a new at fishing, I am in a quandary as to how to determine water conditions, your info is most helpful. Chris, thank you for your reports , they are most helpful.Again all advice and information provided are much appreciated. Many thanks.

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook

There nothing entertaining about watching chris going around picking up beer cans...
This Idea of a camera was already tried, and because of lack of funding failed. It was also vandalized. One fish caught on camera and the crossing bridge would be the new KWB.
The Bigger The Better!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

There nothing entertaining about watching chris going around picking up beer cans...
This Idea of a camera was already tried, and because of lack of funding failed. It was also vandalized. One fish caught on camera and the crossing bridge would be the new KWB.
Someone has to pick up the garbage. ;D  :-X

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer

Whatever happened to the camera that was on the river couple of years back ?

Danube Boy

A camera at a given point at the river is going to determine whether you'll go fishing or spend a day at home on the couch? Just go fishing for God's sake! When you get there and see what the river looks like (you can get a real good idea from hydro readings + air temp. and precipitation) make your choice, there is almost always a part of the river you can fish. And if it's trully "unfishable", drive to a different system. Your day won't be a waste. 

Steel_Mo_Head

• Steel Fever.....

Wow, how's the weather like in the wack? Got a free day to head out tomorrow. !
I can't wait to fish ALL the time!

Casey Martin

A camera at a given point at the river is going to determine whether you'll go fishing or spend a day at home on the couch? Just go fishing for God's sake! When you get there and see what the river looks like (you can get a real good idea from hydro readings + air temp. and precipitation) make your choice, there is almost always a part of the river you can fish. And if it's trully "unfishable", drive to a different system. Your day won't be a waste.  

some poeple unfortunaly only get a few days a year to go steelheading because of kids or work etc. dont you think if your going to get a baby sitter or skip out on work to go fishing your going to want to do it on peak condtions??? i know a few people i fish with that will go for weeks till they get the really good condtions they want then they make the wife stay home from work to watch the kids or gets a baby sitter and go's. its not always couch or fishing...... i think the camera is a awsome idea. and most people really appreciate all the condition updates ,thanks to all that contribute.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 12:45:38 AM by Bone Storm »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Wow, how's the weather like in the wack? Got a free day to head out tomorrow. !
Has been raining some since around 1. Fairly cool so the river "may" hold.

Steel_Mo_Head

• Steel Fever.....

Has been raining some since around 1. Fairly cool so the river "may" hold.

You're tha man Chris.  Always coming through.  A first hatchery will get slayed tomorrow :)
I can't wait to fish ALL the time!

silver ghost

• Old Timer

Chris' advice and reports are always much appreciated, especially when commuting 1.5 hours away!

You guys can always call freds and get a water report... they love telling you to come out and fish  :D

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....

River was good at about 10 when I went down to have a look... about 2-3 feet... started coloring up to about 18" where I was around 11 or so.... not much of any rain yet. :)
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

It was like spring out there today with visibility in the 2 foot range  as well very mild this afternoon. I tried 3 different areas from 10:30 until 3.

Things looked so good I could not believe my float did not go down, maybe the brood capture tube I was packing had something to do with it.  ;D Heard of one fish taken, by the Crossing. The third area I fished had very few people out there but one of them was just putting a fish to sleep at "The Early Run" asI just arrived there. Another angler I know rolled one in a run I had fished about 15 minutes previous. :o
Should have put this report in the fishing report but thought I would give those that can not access it a treat tonight. ;D

Maybe they will take out a membership in the near future so they can read all the great reports there. ;D ;D