Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2011/12 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 213686 times)

oni_kage

I caught my first two steelhead when there was virtually no visibility hehe.
Dumb luck...

milo

• Old Timer

I caught my first two steelhead when there was virtually no visibility hehe.
Dumb luck...

I'll keep my mouth shut, but you all know what I am thinking...hush hush Milo.

4TheKids

Just got back; yep, 6 in of visibility; beautiful for fishing but no fish caught. The wind picked up around 4:00 so no more hero casts.

steelie-slayer

• catch and release

i went out today, lost two  :( started at lickman around 9:30 and didn't stay long as there was only about 1 foot vis and it was decreasing, but i did have a quick hook up. after that headed up to Tamihai, which wasn't to much better,fished some pockets and edges but nothin so at 12 we went to thurston meadows and fished all the way up to the old ranger run. lost a nice one around Borden creek, also had a couple good hits. when we got back to the truck i threw a couple casts into a side channel and got a nice dolly. vis was about 2-3 ft at thurston and 3-4 at the ranger run. it started to clear more as the day went on tho, but by tommrow i figure she'll be blown.
gone to the dark side, poor levelwind probly never going to see the water again.

oni_kage

I'll keep my mouth shut, but you all know what I am thinking...hush hush Milo.

I wasn't flossing if that is what you are suggesting...   ::)

BCfisherman97

• Old Timer

Would it be worth it tomorrow?

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

River condition appears to be good today from what I've heard. Two fish have been weighed in at Fred's so far. Should be out fishing instead of staying on the forum like me. ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

River condition appears to be good today from what I've heard. Two fish have been weighed in at Fred's so far. Should be out fishing instead of staying on the forum like me. ;D
Just had a look and conditions good at present, 4 degrees, just starting to rain, some wind, quite a few angleres working around the Vedder Bridge. Over coffee I was told some fish being hooked.

Floater

• Old Timer

ARGH! i stayed home because people said there was only 6 inches of vis and snow melt was on!  :-\
[

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

ARGH! i stayed home because people said there was only 6 inches of vis and snow melt was on!  :-\
That was yesterday. Remember things can change quickly under the conditions we have had the last few days especially with the clay slides which at least twice this year hace fallen into the river.
Most members post conditions the best they can at the time of their report, some may post info to try and keep others from coming out. ;D ;D

typhoon

• Old Timer

Thanks for the updates, Chris.
Mucho appreciato!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Thanks for the updates, Chris.
Mucho appreciato!

you are welcome, heavy rain now. ::)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

ARGH! i stayed home because people said there was only 6 inches of vis and snow melt was on!  :-\

Never trust the internet, it doesn't make you catch more fish. ;D

Kenwee

Hi Chris,

do you think he lower river will be fishable tomorrow? Thanks

milo

• Old Timer

Hi Chris,
do you think he lower river will be fishable tomorrow? Thanks

C'mon people,
Stop putting so much pressure on Chris. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY can predict what a river will be like the next day.

What if he tells you it should be fishable, and then you drive all the way out only to find it blown.
What then? Are you going to sue Chris for the gas money and the distress and emotional pain that his wrong prediction caused you?

Your best course of action (as stated a thousand times before) is to take a look at the hydrometric data chart for the Vedder river.
Look especially at the levels of Slesse Creek above the crossing and  the level of the Vedder above Slesse Creek. Those two combined will give you an idea of what is going on.
Then check the weather forecast and look at the precipitation that is expected within the next 24 hours. Anything under 15 won't affect the river. Between 15-30 will cause the river to rise. Levels above 30mm will impact fishing considerably.

Another thing: one person's 'fishable' is another person's' blown out'.
It appears there are people here who can catch steelhead 'LEGITIMATELY' in zero visibility.
I can't.

Good luck.