Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2011/12 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 213697 times)

fyrslyer

-7 currently my place in South Chilliwack 500 meters as the bird flies from the vedder

silver ghost

• Old Timer

I'm also attributing the fewer fish being weighed in at fred's to the cold and weather...too cold for people to brave the elements. Just means more for me to catch tomorrow :D

Casey Martin

I'm also attributing the fewer fish being weighed in at fred's to the cold and weather...too cold for people to brave the elements. Just means more for me to catch tomorrow :D

be careful where you park if you dont have 4x4 or snow tires especially if you go to the upper river

silver ghost

• Old Timer

yeah, thanks man. I think I will probbaly stay away from chilliwack valley road tomorrow as I don't have snow tires nor four wheel drive lol. should be an adventure

dennyman

• Old Timer

For those that don't have winter tires, it will be an adventure tomorrow as there is a snowfall warning from Vancouver right through to the Chilliwack/Hope area.

Casey Martin

yeah, thanks man. I think I will probbaly stay away from chilliwack valley road tomorrow as I don't have snow tires nor four wheel drive lol. should be an adventure

i think they plow it more than any where else due to the active logging. at least yesterday it was buy far the best road around

the carp

currently minus 11 wind chill minus 23 and snowfall warning in effect, anyone driving without winter tires is a fool and a danger to others. For a fish, i dont hink so.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....

Not to mention what seems like almost another foot of snow overnight.. I almost froze trying to get the wifes car out.... Can believe she wouldn't let me drive her to work... ???
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer

Sounds like another epic day on the water to me! See ya out there

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Sounds like another epic day on the water to me! See ya out there
Its all yours. ;D ;D ;D

coho killer

Cold morning today, 5+ feet vis, mid-river. Seems like these fish really like the cold or maybe it's the lack of pressure last couple days.

1son

Well looks like I'm gonna have to wait patiently til the snow clears up as I don't have winter tires for my car don't wanna risk my well being for a fish rather stay in a warm house good luck to those who are going out BE SAFE PEOPLE ;D

silver ghost

• Old Timer

Wasn't that bad. After mission it was pretty rough though on the way out. Roads were fine going home. Made it out there and back without troubles. Fr other drivers...let's hat say some weren't so lucky ;) parking was definitely a challenge but we had a good time nonetheless. Saw 2 other guys on the flow the whole day, pretty nice

fyrslyer

-13 currently without windchill

milo

• Old Timer

I like fishing as much as the next guy, but if I have to choose between, on the one hand, freezing my arse off (and hands and feet and face) in well below zero temperatures and, on the other hand, curling up on the couch with a good book in my hands...well, you guessed it - the book gets my allegiance.

Anyone who has nothing better to do than be on the river on a day like this has my heartfelt sympathy.  :-*