Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Restricted firearms  (Read 3375 times)

silver ghost

• Old Timer
Restricted firearms
« on: October 23, 2011, 11:57:30 PM »

Hey guys, sorry for my noob question but seeig as I am a member of this site I thought i'd ask a hunting question to guys that probably know the answer.

Are you allowed to hunt with hand guns? I know it sounds like a weird idea but i thought it might be fun and challenging.

This being said, are you allowed to carry any firearms in the woods even when hunting is not open just to do target practice on cane and tins etc? I see lots of tins in the woods with bullet holes sometimes, and was wondering if I could do the same

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
Re: Restricted firearms
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 08:29:26 AM »

You are not allowed to hunt with handguns, nor are you allowed to carry them unless you obtain a carry permit.

As long as you have a PAL you can carry a registered, unrestricted gun to a shopping mall if you wanted to.....  (please don't do that)

It's the slobs that leave bullet ridden cans, appliances and bullet/shotshell casings in the woods that make the rest of us hunters look like irresponsible slobs. By all means target practice in the woods, but please carry out everything that you carried in!
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 12:27:13 PM »

And be sure you are shooting in area where firearm discharge is allowed.

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 03:34:21 PM »

...and just because guys on Sylvester Road shoot are shooting full auto's and handguns does not make it legal or ok.