Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Deroche Bar????  (Read 4656 times)

oddjob

• woof woof
Deroche Bar????
« on: August 17, 2011, 07:08:34 PM »

Has any one been there lately???? I was there last weekend and there were signs saying no tresspassing .The owner of the farm was at the gate and told fisherman to stay off his property . On another fishing web site fisherman have confronted the farmer and the RCMP were called . What is the ruling in regards to owning the dyke ,who owns the dyke ????? .

chronic_topdawg

Re: Deroche Bar????
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 11:07:18 PM »

Evidently he or his family owned the land way back and was grandfatherd in.  Probly one of the only dyke privatly owned.  I was at the boat lanch tonight the guys said the cops came down to the the bar and asked everybody to leave.  They say boat accsess only.  You can go to the gate locked boat lanch ??? but not past the gate on the dyke.
There was some sock action there

Sir Snag-A-Lot

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 09:52:27 AM »

What are the boat launch hours/fees there?  Can you park overnight?  Is it relatively safe, or a lot of break ins?

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 10:32:25 PM »

What are the boat launch hours/fees there?  Can you park overnight?  Is it relatively safe, or a lot of break ins?

The boat launch is no longer in use.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

dennyman

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 07:27:43 PM »

Saw this on another site as a person called in to a government office to get the interpretation as to where private land starts on the Fraser River, and this pertains to the Deroche boat launch area.

Posted: 8/26/2011 12:31:44 PM Reply
ok, so i finaly got some real answers from official people on this who owns what and rights to the river.
spent most the day calling around. D.F.O says we can fish. you dont own the shore line, she said its federal land. there was alot of grey areas to this and the dyke and so on. but nobody owns shore line on the main portions of the fraser period. that is main line river there, back areas or eddies are a different story. and there is portions around the area that is right to the water. but not here where the boat launch is. use the trail along the shore line. dont cross any MARKED property. she explained alot of the past on who and how the gate and dyke are dealt. and also stated nobody can lay claim to any gravel bars that arise during high or low waters. with.. she said her info was 99.9999% accurate/.
also..r.c.m.p. have no records of any charges laid this year.
i see why some have walked away from this as the info i found was real confusing and most would have just said forget it and left it.

searun17

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 09:01:36 PM »

i understand what you are saying dennyman but who owns the dyke that is used to access the river down below the gate and boat launch ,this is the area that is in question,to fish this area you need to access by way of the dyke or by boat,this area is the main bar and most heavily fished.personally i cant see anyone denying access on the dyke,thegates and roads are maintained by the city if mission so how could this be private property?
Our kids are the future of our sport,take them fishing,teach them well and the rewards will be many.

oddjob

• woof woof
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 09:41:34 PM »

Is the farmer still parked in front of the gate ???? and has anybody been there and used the trail down by the water ??

dennyman

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011, 09:50:09 PM »

That is the issue that I believe that was happening. Now I can see why the landowner would be wanting to block off access because they are probably fed up with garbage left behind by slobs, and such, from prior years. However, if people would like to access a part of the river for fishing and there is a trail and boat launch there they should be allowed to do so as pointed out by the DFO employee.
However, this also points out the obligation that all users of the river have in packing out their garbage and respecting private property- meaning stick to the river trail. Unfortunately, all it takes is a few bad apples to spoil it for everyone.  

Spoonman

• Chehalis Canyon Vigilante
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2011, 12:03:31 AM »

The old boat launch area aka "dump slough"is not really in dispute.Public foot access here is ok.Could be accessed by car/truck a couple of years ago to launch cartoppers/small trailered if you could get a key/the farmer let you in.The area west of th launch is the problem.They say they own/have the lease down to the water in this area.This includes the dyke and the trail from the old launch area(no tresspassing signs here also)A fence extends from the gate down to the water.Used to be open and a popular barfishing/camping area untill they yahoo dirtbike and atv crowd showed up.Went there a few years ago without any problems.Only ever saw a couple other people.Last years flossfest was a different story.Between the net and some tackle shops giving directions, the place turned into a zoo and has been lost as a walk in area for us locals........
member; Jack Daniels Pro-Staff / member;Team Hardcore Old Fart