Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: vandalism on the chilliwack  (Read 7526 times)

t-bone

vandalism on the chilliwack
« on: November 09, 2010, 07:10:27 AM »

i was fishing the ranger run last week and a guy came flying past me, stopped and said he had to rush down and get a tow truck and police because 15 guys were stranded due to all 4 tires slashed. Anyone elsse hear anything about the upper chilliwack area?

HOOK

• Old Timer
Re: vandalism on the chilliwack
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 07:58:50 AM »

sounds like vigilante justice for those who decide to poach.......um i mean fish in the Closed limit hole  ;) Sounds like someone has had enough of this.

I have heard of similar tactics done on the Thompson by guys usually towards guys that are tossing guts for steelies (fly guys get worked up about this)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 10:39:56 AM by Rodney »
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

t-bone

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 08:02:09 AM »

i can't see a fisherman doing this to other fisherman. there is lots of space there so crowding isnt really an issue. I was thinking more of environmentalists or others who think kunting and fishing is wrong.

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 08:08:36 AM »

a fisherman sure as hell would do this to people that are illegally fishing a closed section of river. I already called in a ton of guys in the summer time. Still have the pics of them and their plate #'s on my phone  ;) even spoke directly with a CO later in the day because i had the people at the hatchery call it in cause there is no cell signal up there.

I have thought about doing something like this but i would never slash tires, letting the air out of them on the other hand is just as effective OR removing the air valve stem LOL

I dont understand these behaviours from people that know full well that the area is closed  >:( >:( >:(

If this was done at another location then i would assume whoever did it was in a very bad mood, obviously from confrontations or something
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 10:39:43 AM by Rodney »
Check out our new blog

t-bone

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 08:58:03 AM »

There is absolutely no excuse, reason or rationale to cause damage to others property. Yes, the limit hole is closed and as far as i know, it's one of the only spots DFO regularly looks at for illegals. If your fishing it, you should be fined by authorities.

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 09:56:25 AM »

which is why i wouldnt slash because thats VERY expensive but deflating them is more like a prank or lesson teaching  ;) these people know full well they cant fish there and continue to do so anyways. I think the fines should be a higher cost and their gear taken EACH TIME and for every person. DFO/CO 's have the authority to take your vehicle if they want, maybe they need to start that as well now because they normally wont(seen it happen once though)

I have been lucky so far with not being broken into out there however my dads car and a friends car have both been hit, its just a matter of time before its my turn as well  :-\ just a matter of time before all of us go back to a broken window on that river system  >:(

the DFO guy told me that they are trying to get a permanent officer for the limit hole, for the peak fishing times at least
Check out our new blog

azafai

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 10:52:45 AM »

sounds like vigilante justice for those who decide to poach.......um i mean fish in the Closed limit hole  ;) Sounds like someone has had enough of this.

I have heard of similar tactics done on the Thompson by guys usually towards guys that are tossing guts for steelies (fly guys get worked up about this)

vigilante justice???   ???
you can NOT take the law in your hand.  REGARDLESS
that is even more against the law compared to what those poachers are doing.
the lawful justice against you will be even harsher and rightly justified if doing or supporting that type of practice.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 10:57:27 AM by azafai »

salmonsturgeontrout

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 11:08:03 AM »

Seems pretty stupid to slash someones tires, as unless you actually see the people stand next to the car there is no way to tell if its theirs or not. Someone else could have parked there and walked down river, the people fishing illegally could have been dropped off. My buddy caught a guy breaking into his car and the cops found the guy knocked out cold with a shattered jaw and his hands tied up with my buddy standing over him . damaging a vehicle is not always smart especially when you don't know who you are messing with.

burnaby

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2010, 11:16:21 AM »

"vigilante justice", add that to your oxymoron list. Once you stray from the law with righteous justification there is no limit.

How many animal lovers would luv to kick all anglers into a fast stream. Any fish will tell you all forms of fishing is unethical let it be C&R, meat harvesting, flyfishing, gear, ... We may call it a sport, pretty sure fish thinks we're poissonophiles.

t-bone

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2010, 11:36:26 AM »

Nothing is justified, not even taking air out of tires. What if the old guy is stuck up there, after dark, no traffic, no phone and health issues. It's stupid from any reasonable angle.

t-bone

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2010, 11:37:23 AM »

animal lovers, fishing, don't see the correlation. Its a hatchery program, wouldn't be there if not for animal lovers...

burnaby

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2010, 03:25:15 PM »

Think raising Cocks for cock fighting.

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2010, 07:02:37 PM »

if the car window is open just enough to stuff a moldy salmon into.....
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

t-bone

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2010, 07:10:00 AM »

now THAT i could support!

burnaby

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2010, 08:26:06 AM »

+2 on the moldy salmon in the open window or at least on the windshield with a friendly note of "May all poachers and vandalizers Burn in hell"