Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many Chilliwack River hatchery marked coho salmon did you retain in fall 2010?

1 - 5
6 - 10
11 - 15
16 - 20
21 - 25
26 - 30
31+

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19

Author Topic: 2010 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 113093 times)

RainbowMan

• We need longer weekends...when fishing is good

With the heavy rain last night, I wonder if the river is fishable today. Can anybody confirm please?

kingpin

• Old Timer

fishable in the morning but pretty much out by the time i left.
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

vancook

• Old Timer

fishable in the morning but pretty much out by the time i left.
Is it still raining out there? Not worth heading out tomorrow morning?

kindalonismo

Out this morning for a couple of hours and no luck, lots jumping and boiling in front of me.  I am a newbie and only been a few times on the river. Just trying not to piss anyone off... ;D

Any suggestions from the veterans about my set-up?  Depth to set the float, artificial roe colors, wool colors?

Thanks in advance guys,

Banny

Mid river 8am this morning

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Mid river 8am this morning

Nice meeting you today, thanks for coming to the cleanup today. Have had a nap after the cleanup and going out now to take a picture of the dumpsters at the Great Blue heron Nature Reserve and will check the river after that for a report.

May take the rod too. ;D ;D

Danube Boy

Out this morning for a couple of hours and no luck, lots jumping and boiling in front of me.  I am a newbie and only been a few times on the river. Just trying not to piss anyone off... ;D

Any suggestions from the veterans about my set-up?  Depth to set the float, artificial roe colors, wool colors?

Thanks in advance guys,

Go to the river with confidence. Try not to get distracted by those catching fish (who knows if they are actually "catching" them). Focus on a couple of presentations only (my choice, roe and blades); for help with roe go here:  http://www.fishingwithrod.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=22057.0

If you have doubts about your gear setup, see the first post here:  http://www.fishingwithrod.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=24922.0

For a newbie, you should be spending more than a couple of hours out there, if time allows. Try to avoid pools with high angling pressure; those fish are likely spooked even though you see them jumping everywhere.

Basically, just stay positive, have faith in the method and presentation you are using, and fish hard and with purpose.

Good Luck.

dennyman

• Old Timer

Also give some thought to using jigs. A good one to use is Bent Rod's jigs, and if you go to his website he will even explain how to rig them up. The beauty of jigs is if you follow his advice, your offering will be in the strike zone of the fish, and before long you will have some salmon to the beach.

Banny

Nice meeting you as well Chris, even though the fishing was off for me today it was a great day on the river.

J

FraserFishing

Went fishing today too. Saw some people lose fish but didn't see anyone actually reel one in to shore. The current is very strong and the level is quite high! I went home empty handed... Only my second or third time there.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Water conditions were at 2 feet or better when I left the river at dark.

After a nap, after the CVRCS's cleanup I slipped out for 30 minutes with no success except for the bait stealing smolts. I saw a good number of moving fish surface around me.

Cleaned some garbage out of a log jam including the first two floats of the season to replenish the ones I gave away at the cleanup today. Also found a lawn chair and a bait container dropped after the cleanup crews had been through the area. ??? ::)

Also found a tube of sun screen, where was the sun for the cleanup today? By the way it was a great day at the cleanup and Lew reported we had 240 hardy souls take part. Rodney now has some pictures to post of the event. Thanks to all the forum members that helped out and it was good to meet several of you including a special treat to finally meet HST advocate alwaysfishn,  ;D ;D of course we shared a few laughs today.

Fishing should be good tomorrow if the rain holds off overnight, I must change my leader and hook to try and increase my catch success. ;D
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 09:08:23 PM by chris gadsden »

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer

Good meeting you too Chris! I was a little disappointed that Mr Vanderzalm didn't show up for the cleanup but I guess he's still quite busy fighting the HST!   ;D ;D
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

NiceFish

• Old Timer

Nice to meet you Chris, albeit for a brief moment, I slipped back out shortly after 12:30 or so as I had to be back home by 4ish, ended up getting into 4 jack springs as the heavy pressure was off the water for an hour or two, although only one made it's way home with me.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer

Good meeting you too Chris! I was a little disappointed that Mr Vanderzalm didn't show up for the cleanup but I guess he's still quite busy fighting the HST!   ;D ;D

He's a politician; they never get their hands dirty unless there is an election. ;D ;D

kindalonismo

Danube Boy/Dennyman,

Thank you so much for the feedback and support!  I have a bit of reading to do now tomorrow night  ;D  Going to try and get myself organised so I can get out there again later this week.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19