Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anti-flossers  (Read 11109 times)

ynot

• Old Timer
Re: Anti-flossers
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2010, 06:00:03 PM »

yes sockeye is a food fishery for natives and the rest of us,the best tasting salmon out there,skeena are the best.i get my 2 and get off the river.if the run is 10 million then sports take 150,000 its nothing. the test boats take more than that.

koko

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2010, 08:36:57 PM »

3 foot- 15 pound leader on a 10 - 20 foot piece of T-14. (Depends on current and depth)

High-stick only with only the T-14 on the/in the water.

Find some fast flowing water and give'r

Looks better and more ethical than casting a 15 foot chunk of mono and a bouncing betty out there.
How does it look better and more ethical when that T14 swing faster that the BB betty, when fish have less time to react.

bcguy

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2010, 09:29:36 PM »

Most of these arguments are moot anyhow, many would wonder why we even sport fish. Why catch and release? If your not going to keep it, why purposely injure and stress, and possibly kill a fish for our own enjoyment and amusement?, so as an extension, at least most partaking in the Sockeye fishery are there to feed the family, themselves or friends.
Myself, I'm going to get my two and get out, its a fantastic tasting fish, why would I buy it from Jimmy Pattison for $25, $30, or even $35/fish, if I can get it myself?
I mean really, how is buying a netted fish more ethical than bottom bouncing for one?
Can you imagine C & R hunting? So I've got this sling shot see...and I finally see this Moose after tracking it for the last 6 hrs.... ::) ::)
"It seems clear beyond the possibility of argument that any given generation of men can have only a lease, not ownership, of the earth; and one essential term of the lease is that the earth be handed on to the next generation with unimpaired potentialities. This is the conservationist's concern"-RHB