Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many winter steelhead did you catch in winter 2009/2010? (including both hatchery and wild fish)

o
1 - 5
6 - 10
11 - 15
16 - 20
21 - 25
26 - 30
31+

Author Topic: 2010 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 105607 times)

hue-nut

• Old Timer

What is with some of you guys? Virtually every break in I read about in these forums is a result of people leaving things in their vehicle in plain view for the thieves to steal. The funny thing is that some of you guys who get broken into complain about it on a public forum like this one....and admit that you left things your valuables in plain view.....showing everyone here that you're not bright enough to figure out why.

I've been fishing the Chilliwack/Vedder and Chehalis for almost 25 years now. 19 of those years with my own vehicle. At over 50 trips a year on average....that is over 1000 fishing trips.....and yet I've never been broken into once. I park at all the same spots as everyone else...but never been broken into. The answer to why my vehicle has never been broken into??? When someone walks by my vehicle and looks in.....they see absolutely nothing but the 'club' attached to my steering wheel. No fishing tackle, no rods, no golf clubs....or anything. If there is nothing in view...the chance of being broke into is almost nil.

Sorry to rant, but these stories about vehicle break-ins are getting a bit much.

wow!!! quite the rant for something that has been discussed every year but certainly not a lot lately.  take it easy bro ;)

Kristopher

My strategy of keeping ridiculous ammounts of garbage in my vehicle seems to keep the thieves away from my vehicle.  Never in my life have I had my vehicle broken.  I've parked in some real sketchy places too.

I can't wait to get out there and try my luck with the two-hander this year.   ;D

vancook

• Old Timer

My strategy of keeping ridiculous ammounts of garbage in my vehicle seems to keep the thieves away from my vehicle.  Never in my life have I had my vehicle broken.  I've parked in some real sketchy places too.

I can't wait to get out there and try my luck with the two-hander this year.   ;D
It seems we use the same tactic. my car is filthy inside...and never washed lol.
I've been off for 4 days and all this rain has kept me home from trying my luck on the vedder....Looks like I may not make it out there until the new year

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season

wow...i can't believe some of you guys.  :(
the poor bastard just got his car broken into and wanted to warn the rest of us...what's wrong with that? just because you think you're vigilant, doesn't mean you're immune. my brothers car got keyed this past summer while parked at a high populated area... Why?  ??? ... because some assh*le thought it was a good thing to do at the time.
knock on wood...hopefully those who think they've got the answers never experience something like that... i call it luck of the draw.

nosey

My nephew had his old POS monti carlo broke into for about $1.65 in change that was on the floor, these guys will break into anything, blaming the victim is just stupid, A few years ago they tried to break into Guy Brown  the fish counter guy's canopy while he was sitting in the driver's seat doing his paperwork, don't blame the victim this crap is a result of our failing infrastructure and lack of policing.

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy

I've seen every car parked at Herrling broken into while you had to wade across. They probably didn't see anything in the vehicles just a good place to break in while the guys are across the channel. A rash of breakins probably means some loser got out of jail recently.

Was this thread about the Vedder? ::)
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

gordc

The guy left a $100 worth of tackle in the vehicle.  I think lots of people would consider that normal and safe considering it's not a huge risk.  Just a bummer so he offers a warning, thanks for that.  Recently I had my truck broken into and they stripped out all the factory components.  What the hell do you do about that???  I have an alarm and try to park in well lit areas.  the thieves are the idiots!  the victims are just that.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Just looked and the conditions are favorable so far today.

yoda

hey chris, thanks for the report! i know it came up then down later today but how's the colour? might take a shot at it tomorrow.
probably fish the lower.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

hey chris, thanks for the report! i know it came up then down later today but how's the colour? might take a shot at it tomorrow.
probably fish the lower.
The lower was fine when I checked it at noon.

Kristopher

Took a cruise along the river on my way to go shooting this afternoon and was kicking myself for not bringing a rod.  Slightly coloured, but DEFINITELY fishable.

kingpin

• Old Timer

deteriorated at dark....just fishable as it got dark and was raining on way home.
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Conditions looked OK to me when I checked the river at noon today. Talked to one top steelhead rod and he had made about 15 or so trips but nothing yet,.he said he had a 6 or so by this time last year.

Dropped in at Fred's also and saw 3 up on the derby board

Ned

Hey guys - I'm new and have the Steelhead bug :)

I also talked to someone at Fred's, and they indicated catching a nice chrome steely up high - somewhere around Alllison Pools.

Just drove over the Vedder at Keith Wilson bridge, and water seems low enough to have a go at the bridge. But might be good to remember: plan for a while since those steelies are movers!

Tight lines and see you out there everyone!

yoda

was out today, water was sweeeet! Worked a bunch of runs salivating the whole time. great to get out today, even though no pulls this trip. eagles were in the trees and the weather cooperated. suprised how many people are already out there. must be a lot of others suffering from itchy trigger finger syndrome!