Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chilliwack River upper boundary shift begins on July 27th  (Read 13015 times)

Davis

Re: Chilliwack River upper boundary shift begins on July 27th
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2009, 07:26:45 PM »

Glad to see the dude let that tomato go,most of those snaggers would have kept that fish.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2009, 09:58:49 PM »

So Limit hole is open to fishing until the 27th?

No, it is closed starting tomorrow.

armytruck

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2009, 11:26:33 PM »

I remember quite a few years ago while fishing springs down the Peach Rd. area . While fishing an slot where a good number of springs were holding , out of the corner of my eye I see a zodiac with 2 fisheries people in come to the shore where I was fishing . Then a couple fisheries trucks come through the bush and park . They had holding tanks on the trucks . The guys in the zodiac tied off at the shore , then booted across the river dropping the net in then down they went and back into shore again . They all grabbed the net and coralled the fish , then started pulling spring after spring in and into the tanks they went . They pulled approx. 20 springs out of that run  :o . I couldn't believe how many fish they scooped out of there , and here I am fishing there and didn't get a sniff  :P . Do the hatcheries not do this any more ? If not , why ?
"Everyone ought to believe in something;  I believe I'll go fishing."

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2009, 12:05:06 AM »

They did the same thing just above Vedder Crossing a few years back.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2009, 03:36:04 AM »

I remember quite a few years ago while fishing springs down the Peach Rd. area . While fishing an slot where a good number of springs were holding , out of the corner of my eye I see a zodiac with 2 fisheries people in come to the shore where I was fishing . Then a couple fisheries trucks come through the bush and park . They had holding tanks on the trucks . The guys in the zodiac tied off at the shore , then booted across the river dropping the net in then down they went and back into shore again . They all grabbed the net and coralled the fish , then started pulling spring after spring in and into the tanks they went . They pulled approx. 20 springs out of that run  :o . I couldn't believe how many fish they scooped out of there , and here I am fishing there and didn't get a sniff  :P . Do the hatcheries not do this any more ? If not , why ?
They donot do it if they get enough brood stock for their needs into the hatchery. I believe the egg take has been discreased the last few years as well due to budget restraints.

pepsitrev

• Old Timer
  • my family and fishin are #1 in my life
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2009, 09:53:28 AM »

i'ts about time the gong show hole is going to be shut down. but now the clowns will find another circus hole to perform in.  good video chris  . let's hope we all have a safe and happy season this year  8) 8)

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2009, 10:18:35 AM »

i'ts about time the gong show hole is going to be shut down. but now the clowns will find another circus hole to perform in.  good video chris  . let's hope we all have a safe and happy season this year  8) 8)

It doesnt really matter that they shut down the snag fest at limit hole.
They will all move down river one hole.
Fred's gives out maps to people and reccomends spots.... watch Allison, the Crossing, among others turn into what limit was lately.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2009, 11:46:34 AM »

In the original fishery notice, they forgot to add the information on size restriction. Here is the amendment to that notice:

http://www-ops2.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/xnet/content/fns/index.cfm?pg=view_notice&lang=en&DOC_ID=118793&ID=recreational

silverslab

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2009, 11:52:25 AM »

great video, shows me why I dont go there anymore!

jeff

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2009, 04:58:50 PM »

Everyday is right they head down to the next hole the only way to stop it is enforcement and education, I try to point people in the right direction when I can but I don't always get the most welcoming return of words. Now I pick and choose my spots.
Enjoying the water..........

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2009, 06:52:19 PM »

Went up there this morning and a number of people working the water, which you can not blame them as the notice "Closes on August 1" were still up.  ??? ::) FOC had not got around to change them yet. I told the people it was closed but I imagine not much would be done with the wrong notice s up. Some people had camped in the area and another at Chilliwack Lake that night so how could they access a computer to read the4 notice.

All but one left anyway  as after I said they needed fish for the hatchery program. It is not a place I would fish and I donot like the method many use there but I applaud them for not fishing after I told them it was closed and the reason for it.

jeff

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2009, 06:53:46 PM »

Thats nice to hear.
Enjoying the water..........

Nick78

• overtackled & underfished
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2009, 09:39:06 PM »

DFO says its closed since July 24th, just a mistake? Hope so or they might confiscate your video chris as proof... ;)

http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/fresh-douce/region2-eng.htm

rides bike to work

« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2009, 10:34:18 PM »

that fish was hooked in the mouth ,then released obviously because it was to dark.What seems to be the problem?

Nick78

• overtackled & underfished
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2009, 11:35:10 PM »

No problem with the method or handling the fish and of course just a joke about the video. But I got no answer to my question - DFO site still says it's closed since the 24th. In that case this guy and all the others would have fished illegally. Doesn't matter anyway as we got the 30th already.