Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: very fishy and how is this legal  (Read 3990 times)

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.
very fishy and how is this legal
« on: July 10, 2009, 10:25:56 AM »

i do not approve.

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/for/1262461599.html

We have formed a Community Supported Fishery in which members have pre-ordered salmon for this season, but we will have some extra fish from this week's shipment. If you are interested in purchasing fresh, never frozen Nass River, sustainably-caught, bright, beautiful, salmon, we will be selling them on Sunday, July 12th, out of our home in Burnaby (or potentially Saturday late afternoon if you prefer). These fish were caught on Tuesday and shipped down on ice right away. Please reply to this email if you are interested to obtain the complete address.

We will have 3 species of salmon available:
Sockeye: $8/ lb (limited quantities available since these are mostly spoken for by our CSF members.
Chum: $5/ lb (bright scales, lighter pink flesh than sockeye. Less oily than sockeye but very tasty and excellent on the BBQ)
Pink: $7/ whole fish (approx 3-4 lbs/ fish) (also excellent on the BBQ, similar to Chum, but they don't freeze or store well so they tend to sell for less money)

If you are interested in becoming a member of our CSF for the 2009 season or future years, please also reply to this email and we can direct you to our website for more information.
Many thanks!

Running a retail business out of a residential home is not legal.

I see nothing on the site looking remotely legit.

Advertising on craigs is really about private personal transactions; businesses use it but shouldn't.

What part of what they are doing is legal?

The website is vague and provides no info on a business license, food training/handling. Just some middleman buying from the boat and selling to the public out of a private residence.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 10:54:58 AM by dennisK »

milo

• Old Timer
Re: very fishy and illegal
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 10:36:23 AM »

Whether you approve it or not, CSFs have been around for some time, and they operate legally from what I know.

http://www.wildbcsalmon.org

Still better than the sales of thousands of fish off the back of pickup trucks.

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
Re: very fishy and how is this legal
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 01:36:02 PM »

Maybe forward this ad to DFO. See what they have to say.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Hooks_of_Fury

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 02:44:21 PM »

good for you man this is bull

Sam Salmon

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 03:14:18 PM »

i do not approve.

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/for/1262461599.html

Running a retail business out of a residential home is not legal.
Then phone the City of Burnaby-p!ssing and moaning on the net does nothing.

I see nothing on the site looking remotely legit.

Advertising on craigs is really about private personal transactions; businesses use it but shouldn't.

What part of what they are doing is legal?
Craigslist has a reporting system too and I see all kinds of private businesses advertising there.

The website is vague and provides no info on a business license, food training/handling. Just some middleman buying from the boat and selling to the public out of a private residence.
The truth is that you have no clue and are too lazy to phone City Hall in Burnaby or Burnaby Health about it-you just want to b!tch.

ion

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2009, 06:11:58 PM »

well, if you buy they mean you support them ...
bb smells like perfume...

lude98r

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2009, 10:31:16 PM »

I agree , this is not right in fact I also know a fn in that area (up north)that sells a large quantity of fish to a plant down on the mainland. I thought they fn are using their fish for ceremonial and food purposes. I have debated with him many times on the fact but how do you argue with someone who doesnt care what I say.