Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

I'm voting for...

Liberal
NDP
Others

Author Topic: BC Election - Who ya gonna vote for?  (Read 66681 times)

dennyman

• Old Timer
Re: BC Election - Who ya gonna vote for?
« Reply #165 on: August 12, 2009, 12:36:56 AM »

But the lies and corruption from the Liberal government is really taking the cake. A finance minister who still cannot tell us how far in debt we will be as a province. Slashing and cutting at the budgets for all health authorities in the province after their initial budgets had been approved. And last but not least  the HST which will be introduced next year, that will make all of us at least seven percent poorer. There is an old saying that says, " All Power corrupts", I think we are seeing living proof of that in our province.

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.
« Reply #166 on: August 12, 2009, 06:39:42 AM »

Political parties will say anything and everything to get your vote. Every political party has a hidden agenda they keep under wraps til after the election.

Unacceptable.

It's that sort of uninspired thinking that prevents change from ever happening.

Women don't need to vote
Why should we split the atom
Who cares if we go to the moon
Some races are worse then others

There is a simple solution about politicians who lie; as voters we demand it written in the law that if a political party fudges anything substantially within a year of an election they get fired and a new election called.

And if that does not work keep plugging away until we find a solution to get people in power who put the public interest first, not the lobbyists.

The real pity is most citizens are too lazy or lacking creativity to get p'off enough to make a change.

The beauty of democracy is we get what we deserve.  And personally allowing someone in power who is a convicted criminal drunk driver is outrageous on so many levels. The "character" standard for public service must be way way higher then that.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 06:46:34 AM by dennisK »

Dr. Backlash

« Reply #167 on: August 12, 2009, 01:16:03 PM »

I hope that all who voted to re-elect Gordie are happy about the mess that he's about to be create with the HST among other things!  Thanks to all who voted Liberal on May 12th....maybe you'll be a little wiser next time! ::)

arimaBOATER

« Reply #168 on: August 12, 2009, 04:46:30 PM »

At 1x Gordie when he was opposition... basically said the ruling party was into the pig trough... (voting themselves higher pay & benifits) BUT when he got into POWER ..... GUESS WHAT.... he brought in higher pay for prov. members .............. THEN he before one election promised not to sell BC Rail..... after the election it got sold. ---- Before last election did he not say he would NOT bring in the HST ? Well he's bringing it in.............. Do not put Clinton (I did not have sex with M.L.) seated next to Gorden in FRONT ROW SEATS at any coming WINTER SPORTS EVENTS.... the cameras may zoom in to cover the sword fight competition. ( long noses from lying) .......... From what I can see the reaction to HST is even bigger than the tax he put on fuel . Personnally he should come clean & tell us about his YES or NO "dart board".  Before the election he threw the dart & it landed on NO in regards to HST. But recently he threw another dart & it said YES.  (THANK GOD he's not in charge of the military & nuclear bombs !!!!) Thanks for bring this up... iliketofish.  -----  There was a Popeye movie a few years ago & one character in the movie was a TAX COLLECTOR.... he TAXED EVERYTHING ....... if the dart board is not true then surely Gordie learned his politics from that movie.......... TAX EVERYTHING (ha!)

goblin59

« Reply #169 on: August 13, 2009, 10:03:24 AM »

I voted Liberal, and I'm not ashamed to admit it!! Death and taxes are inevitable and if you guys think Carol James and the NDP would be doing a better job you've got some screws loose!

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #170 on: August 13, 2009, 10:23:25 PM »

Gordon told Satan "when I finish with BC you can live there. I 'll stay move into hell. More fish there." ::)
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?