Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Canadian WILD SALMON ALLIANCE Society: GAME ON!  (Read 22512 times)

Sam Salmon

• Old Timer
Re: Canadian WILD SALMON ALLIANCE Society: GAME ON!
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2009, 02:41:29 PM »

The absence of empathy amazes me. While you may not agree with provincial government's support of fish farms, the livelihood of thousands of people in small coastal towns rely on these operations. Removing the farms, easy for you to say, your job is not in jeopardy. How do you expect people, whose jobs that you are attempting to remove, to react to your views on the discussion forum, especially in the current economic climate? Again, it's not so much the views that I have a problem with, it is the approach and has always been whenever a hot issue is being discussed.
More like hundreds Rodney not thousands no way I mean I've travelled to these places time and time again-some people have some minimum wage jobs better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick that's about it.

If there were decent paying jobs on those net pens unions would be sniffing around looking to organise-seen any evidence of that at all?

Well there's been some talk but no action.

Personally I very much appreciate your efforts to bring an open forum to the net and have done my part to contribute reasoned input.

But I've said it before and I'll say it again-people under the age of 40  have no idea how much has been lost-the plenitude of the past has passed into myth and legend never to return.

There is no middle ground with those who would destroy what little is left in name of their god money.

If things continue as they have been going then we'll be reduced to fishing for bait and call it sportfishing.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 04:17:36 PM by Sam Salmon »

Little Hawk

« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2009, 05:45:50 PM »

Rodney;

Thanks for your persistence in your efforts to educate me and bring my past transgressions back into the spotlight. You swing a big stick Rodney, at someone you really don't know very well.

Thanks also for broadcasting your intent not to support a recently Incorporated Society working hell-bent on making an effort to ensure there might still be some Wild Salmon around for our kids and grandkids. Some might argue it's a noble cause we are engaged in.

For your information - in case I failed to mention it to you and the good sportfishermen who post here - the WSA is now steered by 5-Directors, 4 of whom are concerned sportfishermen just like you Rodney.

Your contention that the Industry creates "thousands" of jobs in remote villages in BC underscores how little you really know about the net-pen business here on our Coast.

How foolish I was to think I could come back here and win some help for this cause.

This will be my last post here Rodney - you can chalk this one up to the fish-farmers.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2009, 06:06:58 PM »

Thanks for your persistence in your efforts to educate me and bring my past transgressions back into the spotlight. You swing a big stick Rodney, at someone you really don't know very well.

Past? The reference is to the your present strategy of gathering support. Obviously I don't know you. The comment is not about you, but how your organization is being perceived by the way you promote it.

Thanks also for broadcasting your intent not to support a recently Incorporated Society working hell-bent on making an effort to ensure there might still be some Wild Salmon around for our kids and grandkids. Some might argue it's a noble cause we are engaged in.

There are hundreds of ongoing projects that are ensuring the survival of wild salmon. Just because I don't support the approach of one does not mean I do not care about wild salmon. Which projects I currently support do not need my mentioning, my actions speak for me.

Your contention that the Industry creates "thousands" of jobs in remote villages in BC underscores how little you really know about the net-pen business here on our Coast.

Read it again. The point is that empathy is absent. You may want to do a bit of research on my academic background before deciding how much I know about BC's fisheries.

This will be my last post here Rodney - you can chalk this one up to the fish-farmers.

Don't forget to click on

They're free advices in my last post, take them or leave them, either way it doesn't make a difference to me. I receive emails from people who find your method of promoting WSA inappropriate, it ain't me having a personal grudge against the organization. In fact, I don't know anything about it, except that it's looking for money to sink the fish farms.

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2009, 11:44:34 PM »

I blame this all on Folkboat .........and the free samples he hands out.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?