Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Krill  (Read 1597 times)

VAGAbond

• Old Timer
Krill
« on: March 29, 2009, 07:32:13 AM »

How do you folks rig krill for kokanee?   They seem too small too me.

fish tracker

Re: Krill
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 08:20:06 AM »

YOU can use asmall hook but I was out on kawkawa yesterday and got stumped with krill we changed over to a tiny dry lfly and casted at them when they were jumping ,worked like a charm they were taking it right off the top,what a blast.

ja

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 06:34:56 PM »

With the krilll, do you fish just off the bottom, say 1 or 2 feet?  Would it be better to be anchored to drift?

island boy

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 08:47:55 PM »

we started off threading the hook through the body. starting at the tail and working it up to the head. but after a while we were just ripping them in half and hooking through any part of it. worked both ways. fish them just off the bottom and watch for super soft hits. have fun.
you kill it, you clean it.

VAGAbond

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 12:19:19 PM »

we started off threading the hook through the body. starting at the tail and working it up to the head. but after a while we were just ripping them in half and hooking through any part of it. worked both ways. fish them just off the bottom and watch for super soft hits. have fun.

Thanks Island Boy.  I have seen krill for sale that were very small, so small I couldn't see getting them on any hook larger than microscopic.   I took another look at what is available in my favorite fishin store and they are much bigger than I remember.   What you say makes sense.