Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Steelhead Etiquette  (Read 11903 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: Steelhead Etiquette
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2009, 06:12:30 PM »

Is bar fishing the middle of a run bad etiquette? I`ve thought about setting up a bar rig and spin n glo as there is nothing illegal about it and would probably be very effective. Would I face a bunch of angry fisher people who think they own the river and would they try and evict me? Just curious.

Cheers
Nuggy
A few older anglers that can not walk around the river with ease any more like to bar fish on the Vedder. The ones I have seen do not set up their bar rigs in areas where they are in the way.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

hue-nut

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2009, 07:33:23 PM »

thanks for the replies guys. I would like too think that I post with some discretion but it should be noted that not all of us have tons of friends that go fishing all the time. I'm 27 years old and fish probably on average 3 to 4 times a week, I've got one buddy that fishes a lot, other than that I have no one else to check with on conditions and where the fish are. I love it when people post about their catch cause it not so much gives me specifics about where to go but rather gives me "stoke" for fishing and getting back out there, especially during Steelhead season. I mean is that not what this forum is all about, people that are stoked on fishing? If all you want is water conditions just look at the hydrograph and you will never have to worry about internet lurkers or talk to anyone you don't know. I know that people do tons of bragging and compensating for what they lack but that comes with any sport, its to be expected. I like this site cause it puts me in contact with other guys/gals that are super passionate about fishing. I would rather hear a report from someone on here than the guy at the tackle shop who is trying to sell me something. I've learned a ton from the members of this site and value your opinions even if they are different from mine. thanks

Knutsford

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2009, 08:31:10 PM »

maybe instead of saying you caught fish at an exact spot, you could say mid, upper or lower, then I'm sure people wouldn't get offended when someone reports a fish caught.

hue-nut

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2009, 10:38:10 PM »

well put fellas, I will put that advice under my hat and any reports to come will not be area specific. Cammer, well put, that is ultimately the kind of respect that I want on the river down the road.