Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anyone else tired of it?  (Read 13799 times)

Stratocaster

• Old Timer
Re: Anyone else tired of it?
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2008, 01:38:58 PM »

So Rod, how would you respond to that show?  It would be a great idea to make a half hour program showing how to fish the rivers properly.  Have this aired in different languages.  I think producing fishing shows for the asian market is your calling! ;D

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2008, 01:59:33 PM »

So Rod, how would you respond to that show?  It would be a great idea to make a half hour program showing how to fish the rivers properly.  Have this aired in different languages.  I think producing fishing shows for the asian market is your calling! ;D

That's one of the project on the list between FFSBC and me actually. It's only at the planning stage so can't really say much beyond that.

As for responding to the show, someone from DFO will be contacting it to inform them that regulations have been violated in the show and it should not be re-aired at the very least.

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2008, 05:02:15 PM »

Personally, I'd use the show as video confirmation of law breaking and prosecute.  With that said, has DFO been hamstrung to the point that prossecution will not happen? 

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2008, 07:25:27 PM »

Check out the short floating video with The Master that Rodney filmed last year at The Bell Run, it shows how its done. ;D ;D

daveyjoneser

« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2008, 07:39:36 PM »

I love fishin I try not to pay attention to what the guys around me are doing but boy its hard to turn a blind eye to some of the stuff i see year after year.

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2008, 08:02:09 PM »

Don't worry, if it keeps up, you won't have to turn a blind eye.  There will be no fishery to turn a blind eye, let alone a good eye  to. 

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2008, 09:01:03 PM »

Personally, I'd use the show as video confirmation of law breaking and prosecute.  With that said, has DFO been hamstrung to the point that prosecution will not happen? 

In a polite or perhaps overly polite country like Canada we don't persecute or prosecute people for merely breaking laws or other morally repugnant acts. If that were the case most of the politicians and a ungodly number of DFO officials would be doing hard time for staying too long at the public trough so to speak. Hamstrung no, porked up yes. :P

I'm tired of it.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

ever_hopefull

« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2008, 09:33:48 PM »

Personally, I'd use the show as video confirmation of law breaking and prosecute.  With that said, has DFO been hamstrung to the point that prossecution will not happen? 

The first step is to confirm that the show aired and understand (translate) what was being said.  Then it would be better for them to re-shoot the show with a positive message/technique and play the corrected program repeatedly.  That would get a much better result than to charge the television company (with what??? for airing a crappy show???), or to try to find the perpetrator and charge them.  This is a good opportunity to get a broad message out.  IMO

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2008, 10:43:07 PM »

I'd like to see snagging become a new bylaw offence within the city of chilliwack. 500 dollars for a first offence, 1000 for a second offence. 2000 for a third.

That would take some of the pressure off the need for COs, and bylaw enforcement officers could collect mass cash, some proceeds could go to the clay slide repairs...

When COs hand out a ticket there is alot of court time that is associated with it. A bylaw officer with a video camera, and at least one witness could really clean this river up fast.

Anyone who rips the water, and subsequently snags a fish should be ticketed. Not just the retention of foul hooked fish. And any of us with camera phones should be able to record the offence, and call the bylaw officer.

The Vedder needs some serious help. It's a horror show out there. I'm going to write the city and propose this...

Cheers,
Nicole
"Ruin is the destination toward which all men rush, each pursuing his own best interest in a society that believes in the freedom of the commons. Freedom in the commons brings ruin to all."

-Garrett Hardin

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2008, 12:00:15 AM »

Just did a browse through the OMNI programming schedule and looking for re-airing since Bigfisher posted that he saw the program this morning. It looks like it might be replayed on Friday at 9:30am.

http://www.omnibc.ca/schedule/index.php?date=2008-10-24

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2008, 12:03:53 AM »

Nicole,  RCMP, CO, Fishery Officer, Park Ranger and Officer under Wildlife Act can ALL enforce fishery regulation which is under Federal Wildlife Act.  What's the use for redundency?  Let along Federal is above municiple.

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2008, 12:12:03 AM »

Because all of these agencies are not doing their jobs with regards to this matter.

cheers,
Nicole
"Ruin is the destination toward which all men rush, each pursuing his own best interest in a society that believes in the freedom of the commons. Freedom in the commons brings ruin to all."

-Garrett Hardin

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2008, 12:24:58 AM »

Unfortunately they are the only officers that CAN regulate.  Even if city bylaws are in effect they will still be the enforcement parties.

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2008, 09:35:10 AM »

If a city parking enforcement attendant can ticket a car that has a meter expired or is illegally parked, then that same level of officer can patrol and hand out tickets under a bylaw.

Something radical has to be done, before someone is put in the hospital or killed over this.

Cheers,
Nicole

-Garrett Hardin

Tex

• Old Timer
  • Water...
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2008, 10:10:46 AM »

Something radical has to be done, before someone is put in the hospital or killed over this.

Is that a threat, Nicole?!?   :o
LOL... Kidding of course.
I agree, and sign me up for any help that I can give to a cause going forward.  Let's get this going!