Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: WSA: Help! Fundraiser for Alexandra.  (Read 12828 times)

Little Hawk

WSA: Help! Fundraiser for Alexandra.
« on: September 07, 2008, 07:23:16 AM »

Howdy,

As most of you are aware, Alexandra Morton is going to court at the end of this month to have her case heard.
If she wins, the provincial fish-farm licenses will become invalid/unlawful.

WSA member, Granville Airton (Courtney,BC), has stepped up to the plate and launched a fund-raiser to help Alex with her legal-fees.
We, the WSA membership and all others opposed to the net-pen business, have an opportunity to help her out here.

I implore each and every one of you to send him a cheque ($100.00/per. 20-buttons) then re-sell them to recover your money.
They can be sold to your friends/family, at schools by your kids, or, for the more adventurous - in front of Safeway's & Costco's where they sell farmed salmon.

This might be the peoples' best kick yet at getting these terrible net-pens out of our waterways.

Thank you all for your time and trouble.

Standing for Wild Salmon,
Terry Anderson

Wild Salmon Alliance

Following is Mr. Airton's email he sent me including his address and instructions.

As you may be aware, I have raised $1000 (a large chunk of it from the BC Federation of Fly Fishers-thank you very much BCFFF) to get 1000 buttons made up with "Adopt a Fry" on them. The plan is to sell them at a minimum of $5 each (and get people to wear them) with all the proceeds going to Alexandra Morton's account for the lawsuit over the fish farms which starts on 29 Sept. 2008. How many of you out there would like to take 20 or so and sell them to your friends etc. to help raise the $? If you would like to help I would ask you send me a cheque for $100 and I will then send you 21 buttons (a free one for the seller). This will help the administration of the fund raiser immensely and will simplify my retrieving the funds when the sales are completed.

Thanks a lot.

If you would like to help as noted above, please send me an email and then a cheque to:

Granville Airton
2159 Quenville Rd.
Courtenay B.C.
V9J 1X7
Tel: 250-890-3232

Granville Airton
consulco@telus.net