Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: CHILLIWACK RIVER DROWNING  (Read 15152 times)

Sam Salmon

• Old Timer
Re: CHILLIWACK RIVER DROWNING
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2008, 03:04:31 PM »

One factor no one has mentioned-the Vedder  is cold and numbs a person after a while-their reaction time slows considerably.

Of course the tubing crowd is a young one and they can take the stress sure but I've seen more than a few pairs of blue lips on people who were hauling out.

I agree too that it's a sad sad story-sadder for us older folks than some of the younger ones here I suspect-we should all be very discrete and circumspect with our comments.

My most heartfelt condolences to the family.

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
Re: CHILLIWACK RIVER DROWNING
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2008, 10:27:33 PM »

"Another week or so the water will be so low and warm it would be lots safer for that kind of thing."

"One factor no one has mentioned-the Vedder  is cold and numbs a person after a while-their reaction time slows considerably."

It's all been said and done. I think we can't help but face the fact that this type of thing will happen no matter what. Lets just try to make it happern less by letting people know there not invincible and one slip up can cost you your life. As the Scouts used to say before Play Station... be prepared. You will notice it's a certain age bracket that seems to get taken out. Also Asian people and Bears. ;D Rod look out.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?