Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2008 Lower Mainland/Fraser Valley rainbow trout stocking information  (Read 59087 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: 2008 Lower Mainland/Fraser Valley rainbow trout stocking information
« Reply #75 on: November 17, 2008, 02:24:39 PM »

Hey Rod any news on island stockings? I was on gofishbc but could not see any future stockings for this year. I see a bunch were done in October but thats it.

Sorry, missed this post earlier. I should be getting updates from Victoria soon regarding this.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #76 on: November 17, 2008, 02:28:59 PM »

Those of you who fish Green Timbers maybe aware of the confusion around the daily quota of trout at that lake. The City of Surrey has designated one fish per day for the lake, which contradicts MoE's regional daily quota of four fish. MoE and City of Surrey have met recently to discuss this. The conclusion is that the daily quota should be raised to two. The Freshwater Fisheries Society of BC also supports this idea. Next year, this trial daily quota will come into effect. I will put up a notice when it does. In addition, there are plans to increase stocking numbers for Green Timbers Lake. Combining the two changes, this is a win-win situation for anglers.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #77 on: November 17, 2008, 11:06:55 PM »

Hey Rod any news on island stockings? I was on gofishbc but could not see any future stockings for this year. I see a bunch were done in October but thats it.

Sorry, missed this post earlier. I should be getting updates from Victoria soon regarding this.

Do you have much luck if you email the people at gofishbc? I sent them an email November 7th and no response. If you dont want to discuss this on here I can PM you if you like.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #78 on: November 17, 2008, 11:20:25 PM »

Do you have much luck if you email the people at gofishbc? I sent them an email November 7th and no response. If you dont want to discuss this on here I can PM you if you like.

I think it has to do with some problem with the email server at gofishbc. Quite a few (actually, just about all of them) emails have bounced back to me in the last two weeks. Another way to get updated info is to phone the hatchery front desk directly, they are always very willing to provide stocking updates (at least the front desk lady at the Fraser Valley Trout Hatchery is).

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #79 on: November 17, 2008, 11:23:28 PM »

I think it has to do with some problem with the email server at gofishbc. Quite a few (actually, just about all of them) emails have bounced back to me in the last two weeks. Another way to get updated info is to phone the hatchery front desk directly, they are always very willing to provide stocking updates (at least the front desk lady at the Fraser Valley Trout Hatchery is).

Thanks but they are not bouncing back. My questions to them are not stocking questions. Its something bigger I am working on ;)

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #80 on: November 17, 2008, 11:33:21 PM »

Ah I see. In that case it might be a good idea to phone the front desk and ask for the hatchery manager. I am not familiar with the hatchery contacts on the island as information from other regions are dispatched to me from the Victoria main office, not that hatchery.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #81 on: November 18, 2008, 12:07:00 AM »

NOVEMBER 13TH 2008'S RAINBOW TROUT STOCKINGS

Lake name           Number of fish     Weight
Lafarge700300g
Lafarge1202,000g

Tomorow there'll be stockings happening at Mill, Como, Browning and Rice Lakes.

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #82 on: November 18, 2008, 07:40:41 AM »

Wouldn't want that Otter to starve in Lafarge would they. I think they should make Green Timbers catch and release so that you can catch some fish there. Not two fish a day that's pretty generous when the lake hardly ever gets stocked.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #83 on: November 18, 2008, 06:06:55 PM »

NOVEMBER 18TH 2008'S RAINBOW TROUT STOCKINGS

Rice900300g
Mill700300g
Browning150300g

This concludes the fall trout stockings, except Lafarge will receive a few more batches of broodstocks until mid December as the hatchery progresses through its egg collection program.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #84 on: November 27, 2008, 08:13:57 PM »

NOVEMBER 27TH 2008'S RAINBOW TROUT STOCKINGS

Lafarge1,000305g
Como100305g

This is the very very last batch of the catchables, I don't think there are fish left in the tank. A couple more last minute surplus broodstocks dumps may take place in December at Lafarge.