Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: John Ferguson on his way out of Toronto  (Read 2142 times)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
John Ferguson on his way out of Toronto
« on: January 15, 2008, 12:05:37 AM »

CTV is reporting that the Toronto Make Beliefs have called a press conference for tomorrow at which time they will fire John Ferguson and to replace him with Cliff Fletcher.

http://tsn.ca/tsn_talent/columnists/bob_mckenzie/?id=227313

Wonder if the Laughs consulted with Chris on the anticipated firing.

mojoman

• Old Timer
Re: John Ferguson on his way out of Toronto
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 06:27:15 AM »

your link pretty much says the opposite of your intentions....if you actually read the article Bo-bo-Bob(a real fattened trukey from his early days) is just tryin' ta keep the spotlight on his ohh so ever innaccurate predictions..."MLSE president and CEO Richard Peddie responded, "As I have said to everyone I am not talking about management changes. If and when they happen I will talk to the media then.""  Pretty much says it all...Peddie has the reins for now...and Peddie is the one needs dropped...preferably on his head from a tall building...until that happens no quality GM would even look at the Leafs...who wants to be a puppet NHL GM to a grocery store CEO????? ::)....and until Peddie is dropped...the Leafs will languish in mediocrity or worse...it is what it is... >:(

mojo
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley