Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Who are you? Personal Profile  (Read 568034 times)

lebfred

Frederic & Felix Leblanc
« Reply #855 on: September 22, 2015, 09:03:08 AM »

Name:Frederic & Felix Leblanc
Language:  French, English
Residence: South Surrey BC.
Marital Status: Married
Favorite food: Sushi, Pizza...
Favorite fish species: Anything
Favorite fish species for fishing: At the moment, Pink and Coho salmons.
Favorite river: At the moment, Vedder and Fraser rivers
Other misc. info: We just moved from Quebec to BC in August 2015. Me and my son Felix are dreaming salmons during the week and fishing during the weekend! My daughter, my wife and us also like hiking, skiing and boating.

West

Re: Who are you? Personal Profile
« Reply #856 on: October 14, 2015, 01:36:10 PM »

Having taken a fishing sabbatical for the last 12 years, I have just ordered an inflatable boat and should be a regular on our lower mainland hot spots.   Looking forward to sharing some recipes   :)

Krisandluna

« Reply #857 on: October 31, 2015, 11:54:41 PM »

Hello all,

My name is Kris, I'm an avid outdoors person, basically love doing anything to do with nature, always have.

My job: I am a dog trainer, I'm pretty much the only person you'll see on the river with my Border Collie by my side, she's my life and goes with me everywhere.

Experience: My dad is a big fisherman, (he's a member here too) and taught me how to fish lakes and did trolling when I was a kid for salmon. 2015 is my first year fishing for all species of salmon, so I'm a newbie - big time!

What I hope to gain: Experience, I don't care if I get a fish or lose a fish, everytime I go out, I want to learn how to be better at catching each fish, how to properly do everything etc.

hillmonkey

« Reply #858 on: November 16, 2015, 04:29:09 PM »

Hello fellow fish chasers!
My name is Mark and I am a newbie at salmon and river fishing in general. I am a underground services contractor that plays in the dirt most days. I have been trout fishing in lakes for decades but only recently started reading and learning fly fishing techniques. This website and forum has been really helpful in teaching me the skills needed to find the fish I am looking for and what to use and when.

VirtualFisher

« Reply #859 on: November 16, 2015, 10:28:44 PM »

Hi Everyone,

My name is Hoang.  I am a CNC machinist. I accidentally found this forum when I Googled "how to fish for salmon", and  I have been a big fan of this site since. 

I grew up fishing a lot using a 1 piece bamboo stick, no reel,  and about 7 feet of mono line tied to the tip.   Bamboo stick was the only choice I had back then and I usually got them from the jungle. Ever since coming to Canada, it had always been working and schooling for me, until the 2014 sockeye run, when I started fishing as a snagger and realized it was an inappropriate way of fishing soon after couple trips to Peg Leg. Then I found this forum.

Since last October, I have made about 30 trips to the Vedder.  I started float fishing using a cheap spinning setup, then 1 week later I switched to a bait casting setup, then a month later I bought my first centerpin setup - Okuma raw II and  10'6" shimano convergence medium mooching rod. I have been using this centerpin setup ever since.  I don't like crowded fishing spots so it has been a lot of wading for me in the last 12 months.  I tried fishing for steelhead, coho, chum, and spring but I have been successful with chum only.  I only had one bite in a whole steelhead season.  I have not even caught a coho or a spring, mostly due to my lack of experience, although I there have been countless bites. 

I am looking forward to gaining more fishing knowledge from reading and from this forum.  Lots of thanks to Rodney and many forum members from whom I have learned a lot.

NothingToSnagAbout

« Reply #860 on: November 17, 2015, 10:09:13 AM »

Name: Chris Bebek
“Languary” Spoken: English, French, Croatian, Japanese
Residence: Downtown Vancouver
Marital Status: Binding agreement until death
Favourite food: The plate in front of me (I’m a fattie)
Favourite fish species: My daughter’s goldfish, “Carla”
Favourite fish species for fishing: Whatever gets on my hook
Favourite river: That’s what I’m here to discover
Other misc. info: Born and raised in Montreal, fished a tonne out east as a kid but not since I moved out here 15 years ago. Recently caught the bug again and hoping to learn as much as I can from the experts here (even the surly ones).

TheTroutWhisperer

« Reply #861 on: December 01, 2015, 06:56:56 PM »

Name: Mike W
Residence: Richmond, BC
Favorite food: Japanese, Greek... Heck, I'll take anything.
Favorite fish species: At a moment, Brook trout
Favorite fish species for fishing: Coho salmon
Favorite river: Pine River

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #862 on: October 21, 2016, 03:09:05 PM »

Name: Matthew
Languary Spoken: English
Residence: Langley BC.
Marital Status: Married lol
Favorite food: Sushi
Favorite fish species: Chinook
Favorite fish species for fishing: rainbow trout
Favorite river: Kanaka Creek
Other misc. info: I have lived in B.C all my life. Moved from Campbell river to Alert Bay to Maple Ridge to Langley. Been fishing all over BC my whole life. Very Thankful that I have been invited to this wonderful fishing community!

Thanks for the Invite!!

« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 08:41:07 AM by wildmanyeah »

Chuck2004

« Reply #863 on: November 30, 2016, 09:30:45 AM »

Name: Chuck Storey
Language Spoken: English
Residence: Abbotsford
Marital Status: Happily married 36 years
Favourite fish species for fishing: Whatever I can catch, hopping to learn to catch Steelhead on a fly
Favourite river: Want to learn how to properly fish the Vedder
Other misc. info: Just retired  8), haven't fish for 33 years, will be looking for lots of help/info

fish for steven

« Reply #864 on: August 18, 2017, 10:56:21 AM »

Hi everyone, just joined this forum a few weeks back and totally forgot. Now enough with lurking, I will try to participate!

Name: Adam
Language:  French, English
Residence: Burnaby
Marital Status: Occupied
Favorite fish species: Not so much of a fish eater but a fan of Halibut
Favorite fish species for fishing: So far, native cutties from the Eastern slopes in Alberta.
Favorite river: Locally, the skagit. The Elk is the nicest system I fished so far.
Other misc. info: I am into anything that does not have to do with the city, fishing being the main one. Working is enough time spent in man made facilities.

Bryth

« Reply #865 on: April 02, 2019, 02:03:26 PM »

Name: Bryant
Languages Spoken: English
Residence: North Vancouver
Marital Status: Soon to be married
Favourite fish species: Trout
Favourite fish species for fishing: Whatever gets on my hook
Favourite river: Locally, I dont know. Generally, the St Marys in the Crowsnest
Other misc. info: Born and raised in Edmonton. New to North Van and looking for some suggestions of rivers and streams

flyrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #866 on: April 03, 2019, 05:25:27 PM »

and the beat goes on.....

ChromerCast

« Reply #867 on: January 31, 2021, 02:42:53 PM »

Hi fellow anglers!
Name - Jesse T.
Location - California and Vancouver BC.
Age - 36
Favorite fish - Brown trout and steelhead
Favorite gear -  I typically fish a euro nymph rig 11’ 3wt in smaller rivers for trout and love it. For steelhead I centerpin fish and swing flies from a single hand fly rod but want to get into Spey casting.

I would like to learn more about the fisheries in BC. I spend a lot of my time up here with my lady who lives here but I work in Cali. I have had some hard times fishing up here and not had much luck. I’m not talking about finding steelhead I am used to that I know how it goes. I’m interested in finding some other spices like bull trout and cutties.
Anyway it’s nice to meet everyone and looking forward to learning and sharing thoughts.
Thanks

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #868 on: January 31, 2021, 06:16:38 PM »

Hi fellow anglers!
Name - Jesse T.
Location - California and Vancouver BC.
Age - 36
Favorite fish - Brown trout and steelhead
Favorite gear -  I typically fish a euro nymph rig 11’ 3wt in smaller rivers for trout and love it. For steelhead I centerpin fish and swing flies from a single hand fly rod but want to get into Spey casting.

I would like to learn more about the fisheries in BC. I spend a lot of my time up here with my lady who lives here but I work in Cali. I have had some hard times fishing up here and not had much luck. I’m not talking about finding steelhead I am used to that I know how it goes. I’m interested in finding some other spices like bull trout and cutties.
Anyway it’s nice to meet everyone and looking forward to learning and sharing thoughts.
Thanks

welcome to FWR ChromeCast.. it's been awhile since a new member posted in this thread.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #869 on: February 03, 2021, 02:37:06 AM »

Yep welcome. :) I fixed the registration system finally so people can sign up again.