Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Will you be visiting the Fraser Valley Boat & Sportsmen's Show?

Yes
- 49 (86%)
No
- 8 (14%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author Topic: Fraser Valley Boat & Sportsmen's Show on March 2nd - 4th, ticket give-away!  (Read 41223 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

The Fraser Valley Boat & Sportsmen's Show will take place on March 2nd to 4th at Tradex in Abbotsford. This show is Western Canada's biggest in the industry, hosted with the annual Hunting Show and the Country Living Show, all under one roof!

This is your chance to come out and talk to manufacturers, try out their products and purchase from various retail outlets. There will also be ongoing fishing seminars during the show. Some of the popular seminar presenters are back, including Vic Carrao of STS Guiding Service and Brian Chan of the Freshwater Fisheries Society of BC.

Some of FWR's advertisers and sponsors will also be there this year, including Islander Precision Reels, Stryker Rods, STS Guiding Service, Freshwater Fisheries Society of BC, TNT Marine and BC Outdoors Sport Fishing Magazine. The Chilliwack Vedder River Cleanup Coalition will also have a booth, where kids flytying workshops will be available throughout the show. Steelhead King, Chrome Mykiss, Itosh, Newsman, DanTfisherman, Floon will be a few of the flytying instructors at the workshop. Please come by and visit!

Last year's show photos

Ticket Give-away to Subscribers!

I have ten pairs of tickets to the Fraser Valley Boat & Sportsmen's Show available to FWR subscribers. Please note, if you have won tickets to this year's Vancouver International Boat Show, you are not eligible for this give-away (we want to make sure as many people get something free as possible). If you are not a subscriber, you can also enter the give-away if you subscribe before February 24th, 2007. To subscribe, go to this page.

To enter, please send an email to info@fishingwithrod.com and have the phrase "Tradex Tickets" in the subject line. Ticket winners will be announced on February 24th, 2007.

Let us know if you plan to visit the show, be sure to say hi!

For more information about the show, please go to:

http://www.reel-shows.com/
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 02:13:48 PM by Rodney »

*Lil Fisherman*

• Old Timer
  • I.AM proud to be a canadian fisherman!!

Dido. ;)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

Eight entries so far!

I am hoping to have the show seminar information and schedules available sometimes next week.

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics

I'll be there for Minn Kota and Humminbird, and also St Croix... Make sure you stop by and say hi if you're around...

Come down and test drive some fly rods, we'll have a selection lined up and ready to go!

Cheers,
Nicole
"Ruin is the destination toward which all men rush, each pursuing his own best interest in a society that believes in the freedom of the commons. Freedom in the commons brings ruin to all."

-Garrett Hardin

armytruck

• Old Timer

I'm in  ;D I hope  :P
"Everyone ought to believe in something;  I believe I'll go fishing."

Buck_wife

I'm pretty sure the kids and I will be going.. have yet to miss a fishing event.  ;)  plus all 4 of them like collecting all the pamphlets and practicing their fly tying. ( even though they still have the last 3 years worth of "handouts".. :-\ ) we could probably host our own "fishing" show with all the stuff we have!  :D

hope to see you all there,
Cathy

ps Rod: you might want to update the info on the top of the page in regards to the show... still shows the dates from 2006.  ;)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

ps Rod: you might want to update the info on the top of the page in regards to the show... still shows the dates from 2006.  ;)

Sharp eyes! It is fixed now. :)

We now have 11 entries for the ticket give-away!

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

I'll be there for Minn Kota and Humminbird, and also St Croix... Make sure you stop by and say hi if you're around...

Come down and test drive some fly rods, we'll have a selection lined up and ready to go!

Cheers,
Nicole

We missed you at BC Place last Friday night, by a few minutes according to Jack. :-\ Anyways, you better come over to the kids tying desk during your breaks, you've been slacking off. ;D

The 2007 show exhibitor list is not yet available, but I am expecting it the end of this week.

13 entries in the show ticket give-away now!

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

14 entries now.

Message from Stryker Rod & Reel about the show:

We will be displaying 21 different custom made rods of all types. We will also have in our display, all of the new Stryker Exclusive zirconium guides and all of everything you would need to build a rod as well as reel repair information. All rods on display will be up for sale, we will also be taking orders there for future pickups. There will be some wicked pricing on ABU GARCIA parts. 6000 series worm gear and pawls = $13.75 + taxes. All orders over $ 350 Cdn. will receive FREE SHIPPING.

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics

We missed you at BC Place last Friday night, by a few minutes according to Jack. :-\ Anyways, you better come over to the kids tying desk during your breaks, you've been slacking off. ;D

The 2007 show exhibitor list is not yet available, but I am expecting it the end of this week.

13 entries in the show ticket give-away now!

I'll make sure to stop by and say hi to the kiddies :) Sorry I missed you last weekend!

Cheers,
Nicole
"Ruin is the destination toward which all men rush, each pursuing his own best interest in a society that believes in the freedom of the commons. Freedom in the commons brings ruin to all."

-Garrett Hardin

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: Fraser Valley Boat & Sportsmen's Show on March 2nd - 4th, ticket give-away!
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2007, 07:20:41 PM »

Sounds very good Nicole. Steelhead King, Deb and Floon will be doing the tyings on Friday. Saturday, newsman, DanT'fisherman will be in charge, so they can always use a hand or two. ;) Sunday, Chrome Mykiss, Itosh and Fishersak will be babysitting the kids at the booth. :)

Another expected feature is STS Guiding Service's new custom built Hells Canyon Marine Jet Boat.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2007, 08:52:14 PM »

The updated show floor plan has just been added to the website:

http://www.reel-shows.com/sportsmen/file/floor.pdf

Poster:

http://www.reel-shows.com/sportsmen/file/poster.pdf

19 entries in our ticket give-away now!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 12:15:16 AM by Rodney »

pepsitrev

• Old Timer
  • my family and fishin are #1 in my life
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2007, 08:17:35 AM »

count me in im going to the show  love this event. 8) 8)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2007, 11:44:28 AM »

We are now at 25 entries in the ticket give-away!

I just put the exhibitor lists up on the website. You can see it at:

Boat and Sportsmen's Show exhibitor list

Hunting Show exhibitor list

Log Home Timber Frame & Country Living Show exhibitor list

Deb

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2007, 09:37:35 AM »

Looking forward to tying flies with the kids  again this year and seeing some of you out there on friday  :)
Looks like it's going to be another fantastic show!

Cheers
Deb