Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bar Fishing at Peg Leg  (Read 4104 times)

taffydoll

Bar Fishing at Peg Leg
« on: August 16, 2008, 08:52:02 AM »

Has any one been bar fishing???? Might go up tomorrow.

Thanks
Sandy

Jamison Jay

• shh....I'm hiding
Re: Bar Fishing at Peg Leg
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008, 09:58:02 AM »

What and miss the air show? Just kidding, Peg is gonna be hard if your walking in as you can't access the full bar. If your running the boat then you might have a little better luck, watch out though as the current has changed.

Funeral Of Hearts

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2008, 03:46:26 PM »

We were up at Peg today barfishing... got there early and had a decent spot.. then waves of Bottom bouncers with thier 14 foot leaders showed up, crowded us and kept snagging our lines (as well as everything else they could snag - ie the bottom)... doesn't anyone have any sense of personal space??? We had no luck there, no one else had landed anything. Anyway, we moved on to try another spot. Lots of weeds and debris in the water today. It was only our second time Bar fishing so we weren't expeting much.

firstlight

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2008, 06:43:54 PM »

Too bad there are so many many meatheads out there FOH.
Unfortunately the ethics of fishers has gone for a real dump since the early 90.s.
Its all about me now and the ethical fisherman is now a rare thing to see.
A sad state of affairs and i really feel bad for the oldtimers that pioneered the Chinook fishery on the Fraser bars.

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2008, 09:32:45 PM »

This was the reason I have sold all my bar gear. I tried bar fishing one year and I drove all the way up hwy7 to hope then down hwy1 back and everywhere I went was full of bottom bouncers. I have given up on the upper fraser all together.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

taffydoll

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2008, 06:18:26 PM »

I had my brother go check out Peg Leg for me and you still can't cross it and we didn't want to take the boat up. 

Thanks everyone

Sandy

Morty

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2008, 07:35:55 PM »

Checked out Peg myself on Friday evening.  Right at the end of McSween there a channel about 200 feet wide and at least 8 feet deep.  I doubt that will ever be wadable this year.  The whole area has changed a bunch.  Even the side channel where boats have been launched the past few years is totally filled in.  The channel along the dyke from McSween to the east has been cut quite a bit deeper, and there's a new channel running diagonally through what used to be the big island (where all the quads and motocross bikes played) Northeast from the end of McSween right up to the main channel up top.  If sockeye were open you could fish them right at the end of McSween.   The mouth into the top of Minto looks too shallow for any Chinook to come in there.
"What are YOU going to DO about the salmon crisis?"