Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: For those in the know. Will socks open?  (Read 31503 times)

Bassonator

• Old Timer
Re: For those in the know. Will socks open?
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2012, 08:27:07 PM »

Sometimes I wish I was native... just to grab me some sox

You are kidding right???
Take the T out of Morton.

samw

« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2012, 08:35:27 PM »

Sometimes I wish I was native... just to grab me some sox

Sure.  But then on average you would be living well below poverty, be hated by many sports fishermen, and rather than fishing sox for fun, you would be fishing sox to feed your family and maybe sell some to supplement your low income.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 08:39:59 PM by samw »

FishingKing

« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2012, 09:13:06 PM »

Sure.  But then on average you would be living well below poverty, be hated by many sports fishermen, and rather than fishing sox for fun, you would be fishing sox to feed your family and maybe sell some to supplement your low income.

Agreed lol

Brian the fisherman

« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2012, 09:56:38 PM »

I don't agree with your racial stereotypes. 
Do you think this improves relations between the two groups?...
Think ahead to a peaceful future of co-existing and perhaps things will not be so jagged around the edges.

**EDIT**
You're a Canadian. We are multi-cultural Nation. Get real.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 09:58:19 PM by Brian the fisherman »
Tight lines to all

dereke

• Old Timer
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2012, 10:18:25 PM »

If its on average Brian then race has nothing to do with it does it? Not really a racist comment if by average this goupr lives below the poverty line. That being said I have no idea of what the average native income is so I can't comment on that but numbers are numbers.
always a student

Brian the fisherman

« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2012, 10:30:23 PM »

A poverty line that is determined by a different culture of people. They do not share the same ideals as poverty as you.
Tight lines to all

fish bonk

« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2012, 10:52:16 PM »

lets keep this post on topic boys  ;D

dereke

• Old Timer
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2012, 11:37:14 PM »

A poverty line that is determined by a different culture of people. They do not share the same ideals as poverty as you.

Yep, that is a fair statement. Never looked at it from that point of view.
always a student

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2012, 02:54:32 PM »

As if they eat all them too... ???  How many get sold or even dumped? I have seen pics on this forum of salmon from past years
Contrary to popular belief it is not racism to question things from any group. 

I have every right to know where my hard working tax dollars are going.

unfortunately the Natives effectively own a portion of the salmon runs and the right to harvest them. Property rights are never equal and will never provide equality. It has nothing to do with owing them a debt. The right to the fish was provided before the debt existed. Learn a little about it before bitching. The fish aren't yours. Get over it.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Robert_G

« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2012, 04:32:03 PM »

Perhaps one day we'll all escape the Dark Ages, and abolish all special interest groups.
One people...all Canadians...all equal rights.  No special privilages for anyone.
Everyone will have the same opportunity to get to a job, to own property, to pay taxes, to fish and hunt, etc, etc.
Until then, this BS is here to stay....end of story.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2012, 05:27:51 PM »

Perhaps one day we'll all escape the Dark Ages, and abolish all special interest groups.
One people...all Canadians...all equal rights.  No special privilages for anyone.
Everyone will have the same opportunity to get to a job, to own property, to pay taxes, to fish and hunt, etc, etc.
Until then, this BS is here to stay....end of story.
Sorry, it will not happen in our life time, a high percentage of people in our country are just interested in earning a living and going with the flow or sit behind computer offering solutions but that is as far as they go.

For example, the Chilliwack Vedder River Cleanup Society have been trying to make a difference keeping the riparian zone clean for 10 years, taking off 80 tonnes of garbage people have dumped but very few people that use this river come out and help, 250 tops, on BC Rivers Day with an average of 100 on the other 2 cleanups. As well many users continue to dump their refuse, they just don't care in the me, myself and I society we now live in.

I have seen that over the 40 years of being involved in environmental and political issues and that is what all our governments bank on.

Carich980

« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2012, 06:53:12 PM »

Yep the amount of Garbage people leave behind is sickening. However I think the majority of it is left behind by weekend use campers and such party goers. I am amazed that we still have access to certain back roads just based on the amount of garbage left behind. One could put in restrictions on camping near watersheds but whose going to pay for the enforcement?

The Native issue is just a boiling pot eventually everyone else will just stop caring about current regulations and go start taking their self entitled fair share; hunting included.

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2012, 07:30:52 PM »

Sorry, it will not happen in our life time, a high percentage of people in our country are just interested in earning a living and going with the flow or sit behind computer offering solutions but that is as far as they go.

For example, the Chilliwack Vedder River Cleanup Society have been trying to make a difference keeping the riparian zone clean for 10 years, taking off 80 tonnes of garbage people have dumped but very few people that use this river come out and help, 250 tops, on BC Rivers Day with an average of 100 on the other 2 cleanups. As well many users continue to dump their refuse, they just don't care in the me, myself and I society we now live in.

I have seen that over the 40 years of being involved in environmental and political issues and that is what all our governments bank on.

Chris the new era is one of self entitlement. Where you have no idea what you have, but what is taking so long to get everything you want. That "want" pretty well clouds up any idea of how to get it to where you are going. :-\
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Easywater

• Old Timer
« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2012, 11:29:48 AM »

Heard a rumour today that it might open on Saturday...

ynot

• Old Timer
« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2012, 01:05:28 PM »

summer run downgraded to 1.3 million so looks like no chance of opening.