Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Peg Leg  (Read 24423 times)

dereke

• Old Timer
Re: Peg Leg
« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2015, 08:18:38 PM »

I live in a townhouse complex in Langley. Because people here know that I fish I have been asked by several people here to fillet sockeye for them
Sometimes 4 sometimes many more.
when I ask where they got the fish all they would say was that they were bought locally for $15 per fish.
must be bottom bouncers selling their catch, I can't think of where else they would be getting them, now multiply this by probably hundreds or even thousands of law abiding people all over Vancouver and its no wonder that our fish stocks are decreasing.

This post is hilarious on so many levels...
always a student

norton

« Reply #61 on: August 17, 2015, 06:46:00 PM »

Let's get rid of all the net fishing on the Fraser too?

Apennock

« Reply #62 on: August 17, 2015, 06:48:44 PM »

If the populations are so fragile that would be the sensible thing to do.

canso

• Old Timer
« Reply #63 on: August 17, 2015, 09:33:30 PM »

Let's get rid of all the net fishing on the Fraser too?
The Fraser gillnet fishery has history.   the rec. sockeye fishery is still considered new, it was created sometime in the 90's.

The problem is the Fraser river rec. sockeye fishery, it needs to be closed forever. The scene it creates on the river is discusting, not a "sport fish", and now this plague has spread to sport fish.

Close sockeye in the river, and create restrictions to remove flossing from the fisherman's arsenal, that includes the  "split-shot fly fisherman" your not innocent either. Lol