- 5 (3.8%)
Corkies
- 4 (3.1%)
Yarn
- 5 (3.8%)
Jigs
- 13 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 127

Author Topic: Go to steelhead lure  (Read 18100 times)

bigblue

• Old Timer
Re: Go to steelhead lure
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2011, 10:48:35 AM »

My new goto lure is increasingly becoming single jensen eggs (anise scented).
I have always carried a small vial of jensen eggs in my pocket, but never really used it much, but recently started using it for clear water use and it works well.
Single eggs for clear water and double eggs for turbid water with a tuff of white/peach yarn on top.
In my last two outings, I hooked 3 and landed 2, and they were all on jensen eggs.
Single egg was used in ultra clear upper river and double eggs in lower river with viz of 2 feet or so.
However, well over half of time was spent using shrimp, pink worm or blades with no hits.
I don't use roe, so can't tell how it compares.

hue-nut

• Old Timer
« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2011, 09:21:09 PM »

My new goto lure is increasingly becoming single jensen eggs (anise scented).
I have always carried a small vial of jensen eggs in my pocket, but never really used it much, but recently started using it for clear water use and it works well.
Single eggs for clear water and double eggs for turbid water with a tuff of white/peach yarn on top.
In my last two outings, I hooked 3 and landed 2, and they were all on jensen eggs.
Single egg was used in ultra clear upper river and double eggs in lower river with viz of 2 feet or so.
However, well over half of time was spent using shrimp, pink worm or blades with no hits.
I don't use roe, so can't tell how it compares.

yeah I just started using them again with a small chunk of raw prawn for the white.

1son

« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2011, 11:45:01 PM »

would have to say roe and jigs

azafai

« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2011, 11:35:37 AM »

this huge one was caught yesterday by a buddy on a pink worm while I was fishing with jesnen egg and yarn and another buddy was using roe just next to him.

brysonk

« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2011, 03:16:43 PM »

I recently bought a few packs of glx's worms and I must say I'm quite impressed. Most worms have to be adjusted or replaced after a few missed hookset attemtps as they slide down or the lines rips through them. But these new ones stay put much better. Caught a nice big wild buck yesterday on a pink 4" worm in the upper river in gin clear water.