Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you coming to Fish for the Future 2010?

Yes! :)
- 12 (52.2%)
No... :(
- 11 (47.8%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Voting closed: July 20, 2010, 02:14:24 PM

Author Topic: Fish for the Future 2010, July 10th - FREE fishing festival!  (Read 15705 times)

Buck_wife

Re: Fish for the Future 2010, July 10th - FREE fishing festival!
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2010, 06:27:10 PM »

ok , ok, we've given in to peer pressure  :D
the plan is to be there.... 8)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2010, 09:35:36 PM »

Meeting at 11 AM that day that may change politics in BC in the years ahead ;D ;D so I will be missing supper at Sockeye City. :(

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2010, 09:40:06 PM »

ok , ok, we've given in to peer pressure  :D
the plan is to be there.... 8)

:D I guess there will be sandwiches for volunteers?

Meeting at 11 AM that day that may change politics in BC in the years ahead ;D ;D so I will be missing supper at Sockeye City. :(

Forget politics, focus on the kids, they'll make a difference. :D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2010, 09:58:16 PM »

:D I guess there will be sandwiches for volunteers?

Forget politics, focus on the kids, they'll make a difference. :D
Like the grad party. ??? ::)

Should have written The Journal but still catching up with 85 emails, politics. ;D
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 10:00:05 PM by chris gadsden »

Buck_wife

« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2010, 06:37:20 PM »

sheesh slave driver, aren't you.....
I can do that, if you want. Maybe that's why there is not as many volunteers.....hopefully they didn't die from food poisoning.... ;)
lemme know how many people roughly.....i don't really need to know til Friday morningish..

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2010, 09:25:23 PM »

May try to come now if sandwiches are being offered. ;D Actually trying to get meeting time moved up, hate to miss the Sockeye City dinner and with the Fraser opening on the 16th some ghost shrimp should be pumped. Terry may come too but we will be a bit late, save some sandwiches. ;D

Chrome Mykiss

« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2010, 10:02:30 PM »

Sockeye City? I think Rod is hooked on Dave's Fish & Chips now...  ;D

Rod is such a slave driver... We should walk out and put up a picket line if our demands aren't met  :P

Chris is making a stand for all of us.... even for those who don't even appreciate it (some of the kids these days)  ::)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2010, 10:18:15 PM »

The abuse I put up with by hosting this every year... :P

Buck_wife

« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2010, 11:06:40 PM »

;D
i didn't think you would be able to pass up the opportunity to get more than 50 bugs Chris.......

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2010, 02:27:30 AM »

;D
i didn't think you would be able to pass up the opportunity to get more than 50 bugs Chris.......

Darn, you see right through my plan but if I remember correctly in the past some people had trouble getting them for me. ;D ;D

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2010, 12:09:02 PM »

BTTT

We're expecting a bumper crop of kids that are looking to learn.  Come on out and have a fun time while fostering fishing knowledge in the fishermen/women of tomorrow.

Let Rod know soon - it's happening THIS Saturday!

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2010, 11:34:05 AM »

Just a few more days to go now! The weather is looking good, hopefully it stays this way on Saturday! :D

Just confirmed volunteer attendance with most people by email. Rantalot, Dragonspeed, Buckeye, Chris, Chrome mykiss, Trout Slayer, Itosh will be taking care of the kids fishing, aquariums, etc on Saturday. A couple more bodies to help with this would be nice as it usually gets extremely busy. I've asked the Fraser Valley Trout Hatchery to only bring 20 rods with them so combining with mine, we will have 30 rods to lend out on the day. There's only so much space for so many rods. If you still want to help out, please send me an email.

If you are bringing your kids, you don't have to show up at 10am sharp as the event is ongoing. Usually it gets extremely busy right at the beginning and tapers off a bit after Noon. It's a good idea to take part in some of the other activities (fly tying, casting lessons, biology workshops, etc) before the fishing if it is busy. The fishing should be better in the afternoon anyway when the tide starts coming in. ;)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2010, 01:21:49 PM »

Also, lunch and water will be available for volunteers. :)

Funeral Of Hearts

« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2010, 07:36:34 PM »

Just a few more days to go now! The weather is looking good, hopefully it stays this way on Saturday! :D

Just confirmed volunteer attendance with most people by email. Rantalot, Dragonspeed, Buckeye, Chris, Chrome mykiss, Trout Slayer, Itosh will be taking care of the kids fishing, aquariums, etc on Saturday. A couple more bodies to help with this would be nice as it usually gets extremely busy. I've asked the Fraser Valley Trout Hatchery to only bring 20 rods with them so combining with mine, we will have 30 rods to lend out on the day. There's only so much space for so many rods. If you still want to help out, please send me an email.

If you are bringing your kids, you don't have to show up at 10am sharp as the event is ongoing. Usually it gets extremely busy right at the beginning and tapers off a bit after Noon. It's a good idea to take part in some of the other activities (fly tying, casting lessons, biology workshops, etc) before the fishing if it is busy. The fishing should be better in the afternoon anyway when the tide starts coming in. ;)

email sent, i'll be there so wherever you need help, let me know.

Dave.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2010, 08:49:02 PM »

email sent, i'll be there so wherever you need help, let me know.

Dave.

Hi Dave, you can join Dragonspeed, Rantalot etc with the pier fishing help. :) Basically we need a group of people to constantly pay attention to all the kids on the pier, and also a couple of people to help with having rods ready so they can be given out to kids for them to use all the time.

We will be setting up at 8:30am and event starts at 10am. We'll be setting up around 5 to 6 tents plus a bunch of tables and chairs. If you'd like to join us for setup, please feel free to come by anytime after 8:30am. If not, right before the event start is fine. :)

Last year I had printed out some sheets to do a "creel survey" during the event just so we could keep track on how many fish and what kinds were caught. I'll print them out again for this year so someone can carry the binder around to keep track.

See you on Saturday!