Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2007 FWR Steelhead Derby Day Report, January 14th  (Read 19194 times)

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
Re: 2007 FWR Steelhead Derby Day Report, January 14th
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2007, 07:54:20 PM »

Well I would like to say thanx to everyone that made it out today !!! we raised $1040.00 for a great cause and we had a blast !! it was really good to meet all of you and to see some of you I haven't seen for a while :) the donations were amazing and the food was excellent !!! looks like we will have to do it again next year  ;D ;D once again thx to all the people that volunteered their time and to those that made very generous donations!! I think our prize list rivalled that of the Boxing Day Derby  ;D
TR

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

mastercaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2007, 07:59:44 PM »

Good event,we had a good time it raised a lot of money for a good cause, good for Rick.
I caught this nice wild one around nine in the morning.

That fish doesn't look like a normal steelehad? Almost like a coho ???

Oh, was there a fish in this picture???  The thing that caught my eye was that BEAUTIFUL logo on the hat.  I'm sure that must have been what the photographer was focussing on.

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2007, 08:03:08 PM »

It will be a difficult and expensive problem to fix and that is why they need all the money they can get. With out the support it will make it difficult to get further funding from the province. That is if there is any funding. At least they can say to the government that they are trying.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Ribwart

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2007, 08:11:49 PM »

Was that the first fish on the new pin Rick? Congrats, and good on ya for setting this all up and raising some funds... ;D

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2007, 08:14:35 PM »

Was that the first fish on the new pin Rick? Congrats, and good on ya for setting this all up and raising some funds... ;D
Nope  :'( Rod isn't built yet ... I will break it in next week .... I hope  :)

and Thx  ;)

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2007, 08:27:04 PM »

congrats Rick on the fish and thank you for organizing what sounded like a great day. You should give your self a pat on your back. You where right when you said that the prizes for this derby rivaled the prizes for the boxing day derby. congrats again.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Coho Cody

• Old Timer
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2007, 08:52:54 PM »

Thanks again Rick for organizing such a great event ;). I was a lot of fun ;)

EZ_Rolling

« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2007, 09:17:03 PM »

Was a great day was nice meeting you all

I LOVE my man purse ...lol

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2007, 09:23:31 PM »

Hey it looks like you guys had a great turnout! Conditions were tough today, who knew the deep freeze was going to set in like it has...

I think we were rolling out just as you guys were finishing, totally slept in today... Still had a great day :)

Good on you Rick for putting together such a great event, may the Vedder bless you and everyone else who helped, with many fish to come for all your hard work!

Cheers,
Nicole
"Ruin is the destination toward which all men rush, each pursuing his own best interest in a society that believes in the freedom of the commons. Freedom in the commons brings ruin to all."

-Garrett Hardin

Hook Set

« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2007, 09:31:12 PM »

Congrats Rick, and a big thanks to you and everyone else who helped out for putting on a great event.

MERC

• Old Timer
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2007, 09:43:58 PM »

Congrats and thanks to Rick for putting on a great show! And an impressive "WOW!" for all the great donations for prizes!  Nice to put a few extra faces to names too.  Xgolfman:  Great to fish with you.  We should get out more often!  Next time we leave Rick at home so he doesn't get the only fish of the day!   ;D
President Club S. C. & P.

CAPTAIN BONK

• Old Timer
  • THERE'S NO HEAD BETTER THEN STEELHEAD !
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2007, 10:56:34 PM »

CAN'T WAIT TO HIT THE SACK, PULLED AN ALL NIGHTER, WENT TO A CONCERT LAST NIGHT AND GOT A LIL TIPSY, AND I KNEW THAT IF I WENT TO BED THE I WOULDN'T WAKE UP,SO I JUST STAYED AWAKE AND HIT THE DERBY RIGHT AFTER MY NIGHT OUT, DIDNT GET TO FISH MUCH, THE SECOND HOLE WE FISHED I BAILED ONTHE ROCKS AND SCREWED UP MY ANCLE AND KNEE ! OH WELL, STAMP TOMMOROW ! GOOD JOB ON THE DERBY RICK ! GO FLAMES GO !

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2007, 03:14:31 AM »

Here are some more photos. These ones are by Thickrick.

These ones are by Birdman.

sassygrams

« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2007, 07:56:29 AM »

;D A big thank you to Rick for organizing such a wonderful event.  I had a great time and was real nice to put faces to handles.  Congrats on the fish - first one I've ever seen and she was beautiful.

It was nice to see the fellows I previously met, and was great to meet some news one. 

The prizes were unbelieveable, I love my hats and have wanted those ties for my rod :)
Thank you to everyone who brought the food and drinks, Chris for the coffee, and to all the suppliers who donated prizes.

Just a note, next time someone posts a pic of me, it won't be off my fat my friend but of a big smile while holding a fish :)

See you on the river,

"Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are made for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration." - Izaac Walton

Willy P

« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2007, 08:12:07 AM »

It was a set up for ThickRick to get rid of that oversize black and white Stormtech stuff. ;)
Wish I could have gone, but leg surgery held me back. :'( Thanks and kudos are due for the Thick One!
(Time to start posting and stop lurking)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 08:15:48 AM by Willy P »