Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Harrison Lake, River and Fraser River hit lowest water levels in over 100 years  (Read 5085 times)

SuperBobby

oh and thanks for sharing those wise words from Pierre Poilievre, that man is a truly a real snollygloster!

Of course you aren't a fan of Pierre Poilievre. I wouldn't expect you to be. Indoctrinated people vote for the likes of JT or Jagmeet Singh because they've been told to.

Pierre Poilievre is a man of logic
Pierre Poilievre is a man full of common sense
Pierre Poilievre is a man who understands basic economics.
Pierre Poilievre is a man who despises special interest groups, but instead believes in equality for everyone
Pierre Poilievre is a man who believes in freedom of speech
Pierre Poilievre is a man who loves his country and wants to see ALL the people in it do well.
Pierre Poilievre is a man who understands that the traditional family unit is vital in the success and longevity of a nation.
Pierre Poilievre is a man who goes to bat for the working middle class (the one and only demographic in the country that actually pays the bills...something you've never understood)
Pierre Poilievre is a man who like the rest of us is far from perfect, but he is at least someone that the working middle class can relate to.

You Ralphy boy....are NONE of those things.

bigblockfox

• Old Timer

lytton burns down, 100 year floods that decimated local rivers, record heat wave that killed over 600 people, island rivers being closed for fishing for half the summer, major glaciers declining. i could go on and on but it doesn't matter to these folks.

the turn "woke" as now evolved to anything conservatives don't like.

pierre's answer to woke was the stupidest thing ive ever heard.

im a realist and will admit the pierre has a shot at this election. if you look at the history of canadian pm's they seem to last about 10 years before the opposition takes back power.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry

Your deep feelings for the man are clear. I hope he thanked for the Valentine's card. May you both be happy!

Of course you aren't a fan of Pierre Poilievre. I wouldn't expect you to be. Indoctrinated people vote for the likes of JT or Jagmeet Singh because they've been told to.

Pierre Poilievre is a man who despises special interest groups, but instead believes in equality for everyone
Pierre Poilievre is a man who loves his country and wants to see ALL the people in it do well.
Pierre Poilievre is a man who understands that the traditional family unit is vital in the success and longevity of a nation.
Pierre Poilievre is a man who goes to bat for the working middle class (the one and only demographic in the country that actually pays the bills...something you've never understood)
Pierre Poilievre is a man who like the rest of us is far from perfect, but he is at least someone that the working middle class can relate to.

You Ralphy boy....are NONE of those things.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

cutthroat22

• Old Timer

My feelings are hurt because "Harrsion" is misspelled in the subject and I find it totally disrespectful to George Harrison and Harrison Ford.

sumasriver

You forget to mention that your boy Pierre Folly. has never in his life had  a  actual real job... LOL

What would Pierre Folly know about the working middle class when he has never in his life even worked at a regular job?  Life long politicians should be avoided...  they are snake oil salesmen.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2023, 02:02:59 PM by sumasriver »

SuperBobby

You forget to mention that your boy Pierre Folly. has never in his life had  a  actual real job... LOL

Did you hear that from CBC?

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry

not only that but he is actually Pierre Elliot Trudeau's secret love child! PP and JET are half brothers which explains PP's Biblical hate for JET. Not only that but also because JET had a couple of real jobs before he entered politics.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer

It to bad that there is literally no explanation in the article for why its low

sumasriver

Did you hear that from CBC?

Do you only get your info from Fox News ?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2023, 08:00:57 AM by sumasriver »

SuperBobby

Do you get your info from tinfoil head set you constructed...?

The saddest thing about someone who is indoctrinated is that they are so busy getting more indoctrinated that they don't have time to learn the practical things in the world....like the fact that they stopped making tin foil back in the 1940s.
But you wouldn't know that because you spend your days listening to Justin Trudeau and Bill Gates fear monger us about how we need to stop the cows from farting or the world will become uninhabitable by 2050....or whatever other BS they are serving that particular week.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2023, 09:39:47 PM by SuperBobby »

sumasriver

The saddest thing about someone who is indoctrinated is that they are so busy getting more indoctrinated that they don't have time to learn the practical things in the world....like the fact that they stopped making tin foil back in the 1940s.
But you wouldn't know that because you spend your days listening to Justin Trudeau and Bill Gates fear monger us about how we need to stop the cows from farting or the world will become uninhabitable by 2050....or whatever other BS they are serving that particular week.

I don't spend my days listening to anyone actually.    Much more enjoyable to be outside just participating / recreating in our beautiful BC environment.  I actually feel sorry for those that only want to tear apart our wonderful country.   We won the lottery when we were born in this wonderful country.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry

Everything is climate change and no way was my comments anti climate change.

How long have we been recording to really say this may of be a regular 1/100 year event.

Ps I believe the since showing the earth is warming and how humans impacted it

it's mentioned in the 3rd paragraph.

as to is this a 1 in 100 year event or 1 in 500 or whatever isn't strictly determined by the number of years on record. It's done by statistical analysis. One way to look at is how many standard deviations from the mean or average of all the annual minimum measurements; 2/3rds would fall within 1 standard deviation, 95% within 2, 99.9% within 3. So the chance of getting a result more than 3 standard deviations from the mean is more than 1 in 1000. Make sense?

Roderick

The rivers in Europe are even lower.  But there, there is evidence that it has happened at least a few times before, hundreds of years before humanity could have had any impact on climate. Here we just don't have enough evidence. 

The good news is that the freshet is coming. 
« Last Edit: April 14, 2023, 09:06:34 PM by Roderick »
You shoulda been here yesterday.

Spoonman

• Chehalis Canyon Vigilante

True enough. I agree that some headlines are clickbait to get views, but many others are titled and written in a way to indoctrinate you. That is a fact in journalism and media that simply no one can even argue anymore.
Unfortunately, once you've been indoctrinated....soon after you lose the ability to recognize when you someone is trying to indoctrinate you. Perhaps some are easy to indoctrinate right from the start.
A prime example of indoctrination is many woke people today that have been indoctrinated into thinking that man somehow has the ability to actually change the weather or climate....which is complete nonsense.
.....not going to waste a lot of effort here... just take your woke and indoctrination fascist right wing bs terms pack them in a suitcase and kick rocks...
member; Jack Daniels Pro-Staff / member;Team Hardcore Old Fart

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

I just woke up. What did I miss? 👀