Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Best April Fools Joke???  (Read 2220 times)

mastercaster

• Old Timer
Best April Fools Joke???
« on: April 01, 2007, 08:57:24 AM »

I usually pride myself on not getting suckered in but even this one had me going for awhile.....

Several years ago when there was all the controversy about keeping killer whales in captivity the Coquitlam NOW wrote this article about the possibility of changing Como Lake into a salt water environment.  They went through this whole rigamarole about studies that had been ongoing to see if it was feasable.  ie.  the depth of the water needed for the whales, the amount of sea salt required, how their food supply would be met, etc. There was a meeting set up calling for volunteers to help regulate the amount of sea salt to be added each week and how the area would be controlled.  It was a very well written article that had me fascinated. 

I finally clued in at the end when they said that the whales would be airlifted in by helicopter and dropped into the lake.  They were interested in finding out if they would enter the water tail first or head first.

Hook Set

Re: Best April Fools Joke???
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 11:20:47 AM »

;D ;D Thats pretty good. Last year our school did an article in the school paper saying how it was going to convert to a French emercian school this year. All English speaking kids would have to transfer to one of the other schools in the district. It was very well done and had most kids in the school very angry and worried. Got quite a laugh when we found out we got fooled. ;D

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2007, 10:39:15 PM »

ahah last year our math teacher gave us this test and it was almost impossible to do...and kids were crying becasue they didint want to fail ;D

also I think dion did a good prank on here last year about fisheries or something ;D
weeeeeeeeeow!

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 12:42:02 PM »

http://www.fishingwithrod.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10248.0

Rodney, you made a thread about there being 364 more days. I didn't get pranked yesterday, were you asleep?

mastercaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 06:44:03 PM »

I heard about this other April fools prank on the radio yesterday that is still talked about in England and it happened over fifty years ago.

Supposedly this very popular gardening magazine of Britain printed a story about the spaghetti weavel of Italy and because of the unseasonable cold weather that year it was virtually wiped out and that they were expecting bumper crops of spaghetti that summer.

Readers of the magazine wrote in and phoned by the hundreds to find out where they could purchase spagetti seeds to grow their own pasta. Ah...those fu-silli Brits!

true brit

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2007, 12:14:22 PM »

Yeah but wer'e only stupid one day a year. ;D ;D ;D