Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23

Author Topic: British Columbia COVID - 19 Immunization Plan & Registration:  (Read 61355 times)

Knnn

• Old Timer
Re: British Columbia COVID - 19 Immunization Plan & Registration:
« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2021, 10:27:22 AM »

I’ve got news for Hajdu: so-called fake news isn’t the problem. It would be easier to trust this government if it wasn’t wrong so often.

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/malcolm-no-minister-hajdu-the-vitamin-d-conversation-isnt-fake-news

Wow what a Muppet.  The link between Vitamin D and COVID severity is no longer just an overwhelming association (meeting Bradford Hill criteria for causality) but has been demonstrated to be causal, during two recent clinical trials.  If I know this and our health minister does not......wow...just wow.

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
« Reply #61 on: April 26, 2021, 10:33:41 AM »

Pfizer is testing a pill that, if successful, could become first-ever home cure for COVID-19

"Classed as a 'protease inhibitor', it has been formulated to attack the "spine" of the SARS-CoV-2 virus and stop it replicating in our nose, throats and lungs

At two anonymous Pfizer buildings, one in the U.S. and one in Belgium, a remarkable experiment is under way. Up to 60 volunteers, all clean-living adults aged between 18 and 60, are being given the first pill specifically designed to stop Covid-19.

The molecule being tested is a bespoke antiviral code-named PF-07321332. Classed as a “protease inhibitor”, it has been formulated to attack the “spine” of the SARS-CoV-2 virus and stop it replicating in our nose, throats and lungs. It was protease inhibitors that turned the tide on the spread of HIV in the UK and around the world. Now researchers hope they may be on the brink of a similar pandemic-busting breakthrough.

Pfizer is keeping schtum about the detail of the lab tests it has completed but says it has demonstrated “potent in vitro antiviral activity against SARS-CoV-2”, as well as activity against other coronaviruses, raising the prospect of a cure for the common cold as well as future pandemic threats."

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/pfizer-is-testing-a-pill-that-if-successful-could-become-first-ever-home-cure-for-covid-19

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2021, 06:28:02 PM »

Two totally different things here. The recent travel restrictions are flexible. Where as a fishing boundry marker is clear as day black and white.  Not even close to a comparison. Nice try tho.
It was a good try. Fishing boundaries and health authority boundaries are both constructs and don't exist IRL. The Sumas/Fraser boundary is demarkated by signs because it is relatively short. Health authority boundaries are much longer and harder to sign, but still exist. It seems incongruent to insist on compliance with fishing boundaries and laws but be willing to overlook laws pertaining to health boundaries.

In the past, you've indicated your willingness to overlook the laws when it suits you. Last year, you said that you would retain clipped coho without an opening because your license dollars paid for it.

To advocate lying so you can travel for recreation during a pandemic speaks volumes about your character and your sense of entitlement.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 07:49:01 PM by clarki »

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #63 on: April 26, 2021, 06:51:26 PM »

Wow what a Muppet.  The link between Vitamin D and COVID severity is no longer just an overwhelming association (meeting Bradford Hill criteria for causality) but has been demonstrated to be causal, during two recent clinical trials.  If I know this and our health minister does not......wow...just wow.

I'm not looking for an argument on this but...the Toronto Sun is known to publish pseudo-science. It's not hard to find reliable support for what Hadju says on this topic.

The Truth about Vitamin D and COVID-19: The most important fact that is often overlooked is that these supplements have been studied and do not work.
https://www.mcgill.ca/oss/article/covid-19-health/truth-about-vitamin-d-and-covid-19

High dose of vitamin D fails to improve condition of moderate to severe COVID-19 patients

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2021-04-high-dose-vitamin-d-condition.html

Association of Vitamin D Status with COVID-19 Incidence and Outcomes, and Health Equity Considerations

While earlier studies have shown that vitamin D supplementation has a modest impact on the prevention of acute respiratory tract infection, the role of vitamin D to reduce Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) incidence and severity remains unknown.

Observational studies largely show that lower vitamin D levels are associated with a greater risk of COVID-19 infection and mortality. However, as many studies did not account for importan confounders such as comorbidities and socioeconomic status, there is a high risk that there areo ther reasons for the finding of greater COVID-19 risk.

Randomized controlled trials (RCT) of vitamin D for treatment of COVID-19 have not consistently shown a benefit in preventing COVID-19 outcomes such as severe infection or mortality. RCTs of vitamin D for prevention of COVID-19 are currently underway.

Racialized individuals bear disproportionate COVID-19 impacts related to inequities in structural determinants of health and the experience of discrimination. The link between vitamin D statusand COVID-19 incidence and severity remains uncertain in all patient populations including ethno-racial communities.

Ontarians are advised to follow established Canadian recommendations for vitamin D intake and supplementation for general bone health (those over the age of 50 years are recommended to receive 800 to 2000 international units (IU) of vitamin D supplementation per day).

https://www.publichealthontario.ca/-/media/documents/ncov/he/2021/02/covid-19-rapid-review-vitamin-d.pdf?la=en

The Bradford Hill criteria are also not universally accepted as proof of casuality by some and at best are considered "useful guidelines". (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradford_Hill_criteri
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 06:54:29 PM by RalphH »
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Knnn

• Old Timer
« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2021, 08:31:31 PM »

No argument here Ralph.

Just hoping to improve peoples odds and health.

Many studies reference the absence of successful clinical trial and yet:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7456194/

Of 50 patients treated with calcifediol, one required admission to the ICU (2%), while of 26 untreated patients, 13 required admission (50 %) p value X2 Fischer test p < 0.001. Univariate Risk Estimate Odds Ratio for ICU in patients with Calcifediol treatment versus without Calcifediol treatment: 0.02 (95 %CI 0.002−0.17). Multivariate Risk Estimate Odds Ratio for ICU in patients with Calcifediol treatment vs Without Calcifediol treatment ICU (adjusting by Hypertension and T2DM): 0.03 (95 %CI: 0.003-0.25). Of the patients treated with calcifediol, none died, and all were discharged, without complications. The 13 patients not treated with calcifediol, who were not admitted to the ICU, were discharged. Of the 13 patients admitted to the ICU, two died and the remaining 11 were discharged.

A small data set, but the results were very very significant and supported by huge numbers of studies showing a strong association as per Bradford Hill.  If I got COVID and my symptom were severe, I would bet on it.  As for the Canadian recommendation, that is the level that is sufficient to eliminate rickets and does not factor in other uses or sinks for Vitamin D.

I thinks its worth looking into and considering, especially as most of us a highly deficient at this time of year.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #65 on: April 26, 2021, 09:35:13 PM »

and how is this different from general experience. The current ICU # in BC 156 of 10,005 active cases...that's about 1.5%, current hospitalized is 456. (4.6%). Little or no difference without considering statistical significance @ 95% to 99%.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Roderick

« Reply #66 on: April 26, 2021, 11:27:55 PM »

The Pfizer protease inhibitor looks very interesting and might just work. 
You shoulda been here yesterday.

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
« Reply #67 on: April 27, 2021, 02:27:51 PM »

COVID-19 vaccine certificates ‘to be expected’ as part of pandemic, Trudeau says​

While there is no definitive answer on whether Canada will mandate COVID-19 vaccination certificates, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says they are "naturally to be expected" as part of the pandemic.

As was the case pre-pandemic, certificates of vaccination are a part of international travel to certain regions and are naturally to be expected when it comes to this pandemic and the coronavirus," Trudeau said on Tuesday.

"How we actually roll that out in alignment with partners and allies around the world is something that we're working on right now to co-ordinate."

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/video/covid-19-vaccine-certificates-to-be-expected-as-part-of-pandemic-trudeau-says/ar-BB1g6L3L

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2021, 10:16:26 PM »

Some of you are so blind.

Vaccine passports for international and DOMESTIC travel are coming. The big Vaccine manufacturers have already stated that this will be an annual thing. You'll need two or three shots per year. It's OK tho. It's all aboit protecting others right ?when will you morons realize that this was all planned from the beginning. Its the planned depopulation of the human race. If you don't see that now, you'll soon see it in the years to come. You can guarantee that !

typhoon

• Old Timer
« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2021, 05:20:37 AM »

Vaccine passports for international and DOMESTIC travel are coming. The big Vaccine manufacturers have already stated that this will be an annual thing. You'll need two or three shots per year. It's OK tho. It's all aboit protecting others right ?when will you morons realize that this was all planned from the beginning. Its the planned depopulation of the human race. If you don't see that now, you'll soon see it in the years to come. You can guarantee that !
Is that what you’re going with? Read what you wrote on a public forum and seek help.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2021, 07:16:21 AM »

Is that what you’re going with? Read what you wrote on a public forum and seek help.

well it's good for a laugh!

What's new about vaccine passports or certificates etc. in the 60s and early 70s vaccines for polio, diptheria, smallpox, tetanus, at school were a near annual event in the 60s and 70s. First time I went to Mexico I got vaccines for hep a, b, c plus "certificates". Was a time that a person had to get vaccines if they traveled abroad to certain countries.About a dozen years ago I experienced the joy of a false positive diagnosis for cancer and had my spleen and other things removed. I had a suite a vaccines for that. If you see an MD or get an Rx in BC all your recent medical records or online through the Ministry of health and available to any pharmacist, MD or Emerg Nurse in the Province. This is probably true for all of Canada. So what's the big deal? Most of you will be getting covid vaccines and boostesr on a regular basis for the foreseeable future. People who decline may experience some issues when it comes to travel, renting or getting some types of employment.  Covid has changed the world big time. We are just starting to see how.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 11:16:26 AM by RalphH »

4x4

« Reply #71 on: April 30, 2021, 10:47:17 AM »

Wow,
If you want to see a intelligent and respectable human being look in the mirror. You're the blind one.

Think about your comments. You really think the drug companies want to depopulate the human race. Yeah, let's kill all the old people. Well that hasn't turned out to good but now young people are dying. Doctors and nurses are exhausted pleading for people to do the right thing and you spew off with your uneducated crap.

I wasn't going to get the vaccine because of my current health issues but changed my mind a few weeks ago. I have a responsibility to my grand children, family, friends and everyone around me.

I'm trusting that the doctors and science are right. Even though we don't the effects of the vaccines long term I'm willing to live with that.

Edited:
I see someone changed my wording from moron to" intelligent and respected human being look in the mirror".

Rod, how can someone go into another persons post and change the wording on your system?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 12:02:17 PM by 4x4 »

bobby b

« Reply #72 on: April 30, 2021, 10:48:48 AM »

HiQe_and_Fish

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #73 on: April 30, 2021, 11:26:01 AM »

Either Hike and Fish is trolling or he sincerely believes what he wrote. In either case, nothing can be said here that will change that, and there's no sense getting triggered and having a war of words on an anonymous public internet forum.   

Having said that, Hike and Fish, I am curious about your position. I'd be interested to read any source material that you can link me to.,   

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
« Reply #74 on: April 30, 2021, 11:53:11 AM »

B.C.’s COVID-19 road checks won’t require travel documents

"Regional travel ban working voluntarily, minister says

B.C. is beginning enforcement checks of its COVID-19 non-essential travel restrictions, with police checking highway and ferry routes in and out of the Lower Mainland and an emphasis on education, rather than assessing fines.

Road checks will focus on Highway 1 out of Hope to the three B.C. Interior routes, and ferry routes to Vancouver Island. Beyond that, the public health advisory to stay local within the three areas is in effect, and it’s working on a voluntary basis, Farnworth said. The regional travel order continues to May 25."

https://www.missioncityrecord.com/news/b-c-s-covid-19-road-checks-wont-require-travel-documents/#
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23