Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: An Overall Great Experience  (Read 3152 times)

BirdNester

An Overall Great Experience
« on: August 18, 2004, 10:29:42 PM »

Well I personally loved fishing the gong shows. It was hilarious. I didn't find people being mean to each other too often. Put that many strangers together in any situation and you might have some problems. I have met a tonne of good people over the last couple of weeks. Oldie but goodie, Freddy the Freeloader, Morris and Rene'. I love these old guys. People from FWR, American Matt, who is now a member of this site.
I believe you can set the tone for how it will be around you. As soon as guys walk up on the bar near me I introduce myself and start talking to them. If I make a mistake I apologize, if someone else makes a mistake I am overly forgiving. I quickly accepted that people were gonna inch there way in beside me, I watched some people tell them there was no room, that never works, so why not welcome them in and duck when they cast :D Crack jokes, make fun of strangers, what a great time.
Today I wished I had a video camera, on the boat side of Peg Leg a bunch of guys started yelling excitedly about a fish on or something, so what did our side do? About 100 guys started yelling back across the river just yelling nonsense in unison, all the way up the river. It went back and forth for a couple of minutes like the wave in a stadium, it was the coolest thing.
I'm sure I will enjoy fishing a peaceful spot on the Vedder, but I sure can't wait for the Gong shows again. I say the more of a gong show, the better. Can't wait to meet more people from here on the rivers.
P.S. I'll come to that BBQ if you mark off a ten foot section of the beach and jam us all in there, just so I feel at home.  ;D
Peace, love and happiness.
RobertO

BirdNester

Re:An Overall Great Experience
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2004, 10:35:59 PM »

If I can be there, I will be there. I never litter when I am out there and I usually bring home a bunch of line. I'm part of the solution, not the problem.
RobertO

BirdNester

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2004, 11:20:45 PM »

Yeah right, why would I go to the beach?! All there is at the beach is hot chicks in bikinis and... HEY WAIT A MINUTE!!!!
RobertO

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2004, 12:28:30 AM »

Good post BN. Fishing should be fun. Too many people on the rivers get too worked up over trivial things.

The Gilly

• Old Timer
  • Let equity be the rule of our actions
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2004, 07:48:08 AM »

Yup,  there's no reason why crowds can't be fun. :D

JP PATCHES

• Awaeyegoyemugye
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2004, 04:05:52 PM »

Great attitude Birdnester. Its what you make of it. Sporting factor-very low, entertainment factor-fun as ****! I like to just sit back & watch...God it can be funny.

gman

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2004, 04:16:24 PM »

Birdnester,

Hats off to you for your attitude! The river would be a better place (and so would this website) if there was more acceptance and fun.