Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What do u think?  (Read 6718 times)

Jimmy

Re:What do u think?
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2004, 08:02:01 AM »

Lets just put all of that gear away until next year. other wise there will be no Sockeye for anyone!

JP PATCHES

• Awaeyegoyemugye
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2004, 11:17:40 AM »

It's time to let the socks through already, low #'s, high water temps, commies closed, steelhead showing up......No more flossin please!

fishin_chick

• Shut up and fish!
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2004, 07:51:03 PM »

I would like to go catch me a few more sockeye, as bad as the next person (who participates in it ;D).  HOWEVER...If we don't all start thinking about how our actions affect the run, we may not have any socks to catch in years to come.  There were enough socks that didn't make it because of the water temps, FN nets, recs, commercials...If the water temp drops, water levels rise, let the remaining fish make it up to the spawning grounds.... there is always next year, and it's a great opportunity to learn other new ways to fish.  I personally would like to learn how to catch my first coho, perferably on my fly rod.  Next year, if I have enough money, I would like to learn how to barfish for a spring.  Not to mention, I haven't been in my belly boat yet this year, and hopefully the summer duldroms will be over soon!!!!
Hi ho Hi ho...It's off to Fish I go!