Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Salmon fishing and wildlife viewing in Knight Inlet  (Read 1174 times)

Darko

• Old Timer
Re: Salmon fishing and wildlife viewing in Knight Inlet
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2023, 04:10:24 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdBLa39AQ1U
living the dream! What abouts would a trip like this cost with the travel and everything
if you ain't fishin, you ain't livin

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2023, 04:25:49 PM »

It's not cheap for sure, but you do get what you pay for and it's a trip of a lifetime for anyone who never had a chance to be at somewhere that remote while still having all the comfort without roughing it...

https://www.coastalsprings.net/rates/

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2023, 04:42:10 PM »

yeah that's pricey! There are other places you can get pretty close to the same for less.

Not on the topic but why do these (at least some) price in US$? Are the owner/operators Americans or is simply that is where the bulk of their business comes from?

I always thought in Canada prices had to be quoted in our own legal tender. But I guess not.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2023, 04:49:55 PM »

That I can't answer Ralph, you'd have to ask the lodge. Probably because a good chunk of their clients are from the US.

I think the selling point for this particular lodge is the group size. At 8 guests at a time, it's more customized for private groups, families, etc so they can have the whole place to themselves. They're flying you up from YVR too, and you got quite a few different options, both fishing and non fishing, when you are there.