Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tidal Fraser River, March 2nd 2010  (Read 728 times)

mykisscrazy

Tidal Fraser River, March 2nd 2010
« on: March 02, 2010, 09:31:02 PM »

Out at low tide and tide change from 2 to 4 pm
Visability was anywhere from 1 foot to 3 feet. Bit surprised as it was much better the other day, but tide was in then
Didn't see any fry, but started with a small fry pattern...as I just didn't have time to tie anything new.
Nothing, for kicks put on the fly from the other day...the one that the tail is just too long.
First cast, fish on this time it was really hooked, but I lost it at my feet!
Kept walking, and bam another!, but it again just mouthed it. Made another cast, as I was bringing the fly out of the water, quite a big fish made a big slash for it! Actually really surprised me. Made a few more casts, changed flies, moved on.

Again went to my tried and "needs modifications" fish on....and off. All in all I had I think 6 (all bull trout as I did see all of them) fish on. 4 were in one area. Key is too keep moving

In case anyone is wondering - 6wt ghost tip leader about 2 feet in length, was what I had the most sucess with. The other day it was 6wt with an intermediate sink tip

Hopefully, tomorrow evening I will find the time to make the necessary improvement!